Moved to SteamCMD, no longer admin.

• I've copied my config files and permissions files from a backup, server.properties still has me as admin, but i'm unable to set GM 1 in game and not showing as Admin in the player list.

What's causing this?

• You have to put your UID into the server.properties file instead of your player name (since player names are no longer unique since the latest update). If you're using the Steam version of the game, your UID is your SteamID. You can get it from your Steam profile (e.g. paste the url to your profile page here), or alternatively you can also find it ingame in the main menu (in the top right corner - copy to clipboard by rightclicking on it) ;)

• Thanks, I tried that in the format "admins=<name>; <steamID>" just to see if either of them would work and it wasn't having it, just changed it to remove name completely and it seems to work :)

• Well I had a similar problem but starting up on steam I had to put my Steam huge number name in the config file to become the admin. Thanks to the help of others of course. (that number aint easy to find by the way

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!