A few questions about blueprints.

• Are there any blueprint limitations? I'm planning on a massive build and would love to share it once I'm done. I'm talking something near 100,000 square blocks (the actual blocks you build with). If we assumed a 1 block is 1 foot, then 100,000 square feet. I've thought of this type of project for years, and after finding a massive wide open area of land in my world, I realized this is the software I can build this in. My hope is to share this with others.

Any limitations with how many items are in it?
    Any limitations with depth, like having a basement?

I watched Safety Meeting's video on the basics, but this will be massively larger, possibly going underground for 1 level as well.
    I plan on using posters in this build and hopes they would stay with the blueprint. Will they?

• 1 block is 0.5m so a bit more than a foot ;)

No there are no limitations in the number of items/blocks/constructions that can be in a blueprints (the logical computational limits apply though so you cannot possibly have an infinite blueprint file just a huge one :P )

You define the blueprint area as you like so it could even be wholly underground there is no limitation in that regard for sure.

I plan on using posters in this build and hopes they would stay with the blueprint. Will they?

posters do not stay in the blueprint so the end users would have to place them all manually, this is one of the reasons I never use posters in my builds.

• Are there any blueprint limitations? I'm planning on a massive build and would love to share it once I'm done. I'm talking something near 100,000 square blocks (the actual blocks you build with). If we assumed a 1 block is 1 foot, then 100,000 square feet. I've thought of this type of project for years, and after finding a massive wide open area of land in my world, I realized this is the software I can build this in. My hope is to share this with others.

I watched Safety Meeting's video on the basics, but this will be massively larger, possibly going underground for 1 level as well.

as @Minotorious said this is no limitations in the number of items/blocks/constructions that can be in a blueprints, but there are limitations on what computers can process in any given time, and this number can change depending on your own system and the server you are connected too

if you go over what the computer can handle then your more than likely going to crash the system oO

So its best to keep your blueprints as small as you can, like only blueprinting a single house or any single build you have made, dont go blueprinting
    whole towns or cites Oo

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I have found there dosen't seem to be a limit on the number of items. I have bp's with several K blocks in each. None have told me 'not allowed' as yet.

But, there does seem to be a limit on the footprint area. I had to divide my 200x200 plot into four sections, in order to get the entire plot.

I set an odd shape pole at dead center of the site, and used that pole to be the connector for each of the 4 sites.

I learned from my original voxel building game-Landmark: if you make a huge template of your entire site, be sure to make separate blueprints of each separate building, item, wall, ect. That way, if your huge blueprint fails, you have the components. Better then losing the entire thing.

No, there isn't a limitation, but it would be difficult with more than 400.000 parts according to my experience. It depends on your PC and on the server how fast the blueprint builds up when you place it. I had the problem with blueprinted ships with about 100.000 parts only.
    This takes me some attempts, but I'm building with a lot of wooden parts and blocks. How it all affects by using blocks only I don't know.
    Best way is to divide the building in separate parts. (I mostly mark end of 1 part with colored blocks).

By placing such a blueprint give the pc or your server time to set the object. You have the option to use the command "undo blueprint"
    in the console, it you think there are parts missing. (normal time for this command is 5 minutes - changeable).
    Or you fly out of the chunk. Sometimes you need a game restart to see the complete object.

• I use a combination of blocks, planks and handmade blocks: using the console to set the material type as needed.

I can't say for sure, but I don't see a major difference in the way the mixed components set down, compared to an inn I built that was basically blocks with plank trim and no console commands. As Deirdre said, the bigger the blueprint is, the longer it takes to set it down. I've a high end system so usually it renders the build quickly.

A warning on the undoblueprint command. I have seen it not work twice. Which is a very small percentage for as often as I've used it. It may well have been my own fault.

My rule of thumb is blueprint your builds in sections as you build. It is a good safe keeping.

• By placing such a blueprint give the pc or your server time to set the object. You have the option to use the command "undo blueprint"
    in the console, it you think there are parts missing. (normal time for this command is 5 minutes - changeable).
    Or you fly out of the chunk. Sometimes you need a game restart to see the complete object.

I've tried to use the command and it tells me that the command is invalid. Does it need to be selected in order to undo it?

• By the time i realized it, it was passed the 5 minute mark so i was pretty screwed and had to tear it all down by hand.

in that case next time you can enter creative mode and use the area removal tool ;)

To enter creative mode type "gm 1" in the console (without the quotes) and the removal tool is under F7 i think but you have to check. To use it select an area and then press the Del key on your keyboard to empty it

• in that case next time you can enter creative mode and use the area removal tool ;)
    To enter creative mode type "gm 1" in the console (without the quotes) and the removal tool is under F7 i think but you have to check. To use it select an area and then press the Del key on your keyboard to empty it

Alright, will do! Thanks bud!

• Ok, how do I align the blueprint? Trying to build a railroad. Surprisingly I have the spacing exactly the way I want it the first time. The size is about 2 or 3 dollar bills end to end, but the focus point is in the center. Can't figure out how to make the focal point be at the end where I would join together another section. I've already ruined one placement and it doubled itself up half way into the track already placed and things are now doubled. I've tried flying to get a better perspective. I can't get the one end to join to the other end.

• if the road contains at least 1 block then it should follow the grid when placing, so right click once use arrow keys PgUp/PgDn to move it to the correct spot and then right click a second time to place it :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!