servers

• Just tried to get into the default server and prima servers , spent ages on the Prima server but now its only coming up as red with the mismatch version error? Just as I get into the game both of these do not work for me I do not want to keep starting from scratch on different servers? Is this a regular thing due to the very early access of the game. And while I am at it are there going to be proper re-spawning like where you die through the bugs. On Prima you re-spawn in the middle of a load of holes only to find you fall down and in most cases you die again. Is there going to be a proper working compass and map? How far are they down the line ? Thanks again :)

• When a server is red, it indicates that it has a different version than your client. Either you haven't updated the game, or the server hasn't updated yet. This happens for every update, and depends on how fast the serverowners update their servers ;)
    But your progress on the server will not be lost in this case, don't worry.

Compass is already in the game, a map will also come in the future, but can't give an ETA yet^^

• Ok thank you, The compass does not give you a proper idea as to where you are I lost my base but still could not find it even with the compass, as there is no map so no idea where you start from using the compass I do realise this game is very early access, but what a game !! I was so surprised adding a piano, lol I thought it was totally for show then found you could use your keyboard as id it was a piano, And it sounds like the real thing so far this game has been really worth getting. I have a point will they be adding locks to your doors as at the moment you can just walk into anyone's place and they can yours which means anyone can come in and take what you have put in the chests or even smash up everything. Thanks again for all your help

• @green777: Thanks for the nice words :) We could change the behaviour of the compass, so that it will always point to your spawn. It depends on what other users think about it ^^
    Locks for doors and chests are definitely planned. Currently the best way to protect your land and chests in multiplayer is to use the AreaProtection script (or in other words: Join a server with LUA scripts enabled, and ask the admins, what their script does exactly)^^

• We could change the behaviour of the compass, so that it will always point to your spawn. It depends on what other users think about it ^^

I personally like the way the compass is done in 7DaysToDie, where your spawn is shown as a small house icon in the correct direction, and also an icon for the last place you died. (So you can go and get your stuff you dropped if you need to.)

• I total agree with the way 7 days has there compose would be so nice in here as I am so lost right now cant find my base its so sad too .. ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!