Writing to others journals

• As a server admin, you can create custom pages in the journal for your players. To do that, you have to create a "journal.xml" xml file in your server main directory. Here you can find an example file: https://download.rising-world.…urnal/journal_example.zip

It's important to maintain xml syntax. If you make any changes to the journal file, you can update it ingame either by restarting the server, or by typing reloadjournal into console ;)

Btw. this also works in singleplayer (the journal.xml file needs to be placed in the game directory then)

• As a server admin, you can create custom pages in the journal for your players. To do that, you have to create a "journal.xml" xml file in your server main directory. Here you can find an example file: https://download.rising-world.…urnal/journal_example.zip

It's important to maintain xml syntax. If you make any changes to the journal file, you can update it ingame either by restarting the server, or by typing reloadjournal into console ;)

Hmmm.. Learned something new! Did not know about the "reloadjournal" commnad. :) Are there any plans to provide a WYSIWIG like editor for the journal and/or the ability to add additional journal sections (in addition to the "Server Infos")?

• Are there any plans to provide a WYSIWIG like editor for the journal and/or the ability to add additional journal sections (in addition to the "Server Infos")?

Actually we had plans to create a WYSIWYG editor for the journal ^^ Maybe once the RCON tool is ready (which consumes all our spare time besides the game updates xD) we can focus on that!

• How about a better way to generate arches and circles first. :thumbsup:

Hehe, yeah, that's true, the building part definitely needs an update (and it is our intention to rework the current building tools) ^^ Basically it depends on how long the next main features (mounts, trains, cars, boats, more complex NPC etc) actually take until they're ready.

• Can you place an external link for a picture in the Journal? Any examples?

Unfortunately you can't use external links for images, so you have to put all images (supported formats: jpg, png and gif) into your server directory. To use an image in the journal, you have to put a new <image> key into the xml file, for example:

XML
    <image name="testimage.png" width="512" height="256" page="left" posx="0.5" posy="0.75" pivot="center"/>
  • Unfortunately you can't use external links for images, so you have to put all images (supported formats: jpg, png and gif) into your server directory. To use an image in the journal, you have to put a new <image> key into the xml file, for example:

XML
    <image name="testimage.png" width="512" height="256" page="left" posx="0.5" posy="0.75" pivot="center"/>

Thanks red..
    I guess this leaves out links to the Forums too? Was hoping you don't have to tell everything about a plugin operation in the journal?

• Yeah, unfortunately hyperlinks are not supported atm... we're not sure if we're really going to add them, since a server owner could basically place a malicious link in the journal. Even if it's possible to see the full link, most users probably won't pay attention I guess :/

• Hmm all i got was the text .. no picture.. it is in the main directory of my server along with the journal.

And it some netimage directory not mine server site.

<image page="left" posx="0.5" posy="0.8" width="512" height="256" pivot="center">image name="Aktivesignexample.jpg"</image>

I appears to be directing to the forums for images. I might have it mixed in a text statement. I will review this thought.

I thought of the link problem when I was looking into how to link my FTP site with the picture. Your caution is warranted. Thank you for that.

Edited 4 times, last by angriff: added my thoughts as to what it is doing ().

• Never mind I just got it. The attribute was just name. Also I had the image as a child of text once I promoted it then it started to show. Now just need to format it correctly..

Thanks for the support. Just learning this stuff been awhile since my College years.. and then later programming Access Databases in the 1990s.

;)^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!