Game crash at 10% on loading screen

• if using SQLite try getting dbbrowser and open the world file and change the coordinates of your player. then restart the server and try to enter. This has been working for me. I have gotten a similar error when it hangs at 10% then goes white. I had an admin I had to do this for 3 times since the last set of updates. This worked.

• Try turning steam sync off for Rising World, that will prevent the steam cloud from downloading the old files when you start the game

• right tried it with steam sync off. same crash on loading screen. tried to wrap my head around SQLite too but it's long winded setting it up. Going to keep trying though.

• try getting DB browser for SQLite and install. Open the world.db file with it. Go to the browse data tab. In the drop down go to player. Find your player name. change the cords in the position field next to your player name. 0 60 0 should do the trick or any other set of cords you know are good. 60 elevation should put you a bit above ground lvl at spawn. save the info and start the server. If you rent you have to download the world.db file change it and reupload it then start the server and it should allow your player into the game.

Remember to make a copy of the .db file for safe keeping :)

• Corrupted player data indeed causes the loading screen to get stuck (usually at 10%), however, it should never end up in a crash :| Especially since creating a new world (with fresh player data) didn't help...

Nevertheless, @MajorTom you should be able to download the standalone from our homepage now ;) Please run it and see if the same crash occurs. If you have another hard drive, you could try to install the standalone there. If it still does not work, please let me know!

• VICTORY! I am now the proud owner of a poorly built shack on the Savannah and a fully functional electric torch! Jeeze you guys made some progress since i last played. So I think we can conclude it is probably a steam compatibility issue after all. The game runs perfectly at the highest graphics settings. No crashes at loading screen and no issues with the worlds folder being replaced with broken files from steam. Would me sending you a log to compare with the previous logs help you guys?

Many thanks by the way :thumbup:

• I'm glad to hear it works now :) A new log isn't necessarily required, but you can post one just to make sure everything is in order (and maybe there is a hint about what caused the issue previously)

• Hi, I've got the same problem since a few month , game used to work properly (and by the way I love it !!) and , maybe after the last update, it crash systematically at 10 % first i heard the music starting to scratch then game crash.
    I try to :
    update Nvidia driver
    repair vcredist_x64 2013 and 2015
    uninstall game, erase all file remaining and reinstall on an another hard drive

Dancing all around my PC only dressed with ? hu, well .. it doesn't matter, that doesn't work either
    I try to enable console mode first from Steam launch then from the config.properties file but when the game crash no log file are created.
    So, I a bit frustrated (grrrr) but I hope that there's an issue to this situation, by the way, did I mentioned the fact this game is really great ?

• @knememth: Maybe create a separate topic for that :) Even if the issue seems to be identical, it's usually caused by something else.
    If the game crashes, there is usually a file called "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" in your game directory (when using the Steam version of the game, you get there by rightclicking on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse local files). If there is such a file, please upload it here (or send it via PM to me)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!