Last blueprint build & sledgehammer missing

• A few days ago I remember seeing a new update about to start, but it didn't then I started building a makeshift railroad track.
    Had questions on how to get it aligned, got clarification went back in to align the blueprint to the existing track made from previous blueprints.
    Got it aligned, but the track did go into the ground where you see it dug out, and then I signed out.
    The track on the right is the blueprint correct track, the one on the left is the magically suspended 1/2 of the last blueprint used.
    Got back into the game just now and found this, and my sledgehammer is missing. I've looked in all of the chests where I would actually keep tools.
    I know the sledgehammer was on me, as it usually always is.
    Not upset, actually I find it quite funny.
    Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

It's like some troll went in the game took the sledgehammer, and took out part of the track from the ground. All the rest of my tools were on me.

• I admit that I have never seen a bp do that, and eat the sledgehammer too :)
    Bps have left off a wall, or an end section because I tried to get it to stretch too far I think, but never left out the middle.

• Well, there have been reports that in some cases parts of buildings are missing if lots of elements have been placed via blueprint (they disappear after the next restart then) :huh: But usually this only happens if lots of changes have been done via blueprint. Not sure if this is what happened in your case? oO

The missing sledgehammer, on the other hand, is very strange =O Blueprints don't consume any items yet (with the exception of the blueprint itself)... did you maybe drop the sledgehammer accidentally (by default, items can be dropped by pressing Q, and when using WASD for movement, there is a high chance that Q was pressed unintentionally)?

• Well, there have been reports that in some cases parts of buildings are missing if lots of elements have been placed via blueprint (they disappear after the next restart then) :huh: But usually this only happens if lots of changes have been done via blueprint. Not sure if this is what happened in your case? oO

The missing sledgehammer, on the other hand, is very strange =O Blueprints don't consume any items yet (with the exception of the blueprint itself)... did you maybe drop the sledgehammer accidentally (by default, items can be dropped by pressing Q, and when using WASD for movement, there is a high chance that Q was pressed unintentionally)?

Sometimes I create blueprints and then continue adding details, when I create a new blueprint, parts of the project disappear. I use the "undoblueprint" command and load the game again. That way, the same blueprint that failed the first time, loads normally.

• That's good to know.
    I've also found the same as you say. If I set a bp and add to it: then redo that bp, I see what you are describing.
    When I set down that added to bp, some of it does not appear.
    I accidently discovered, that by waiting a longer time than usual, the blueprint would continue to load.
    I got a phone call and by the time I realized I'd missed the timeline to do the undo blueprint command, it was too late. But, the bp downloaded the original build plus the new additions.
    I don't know if it will always do that, have not tested it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!