I have some concerns about the update

• I have some concerns about the update

The language may be not 100% correct, sorry

I have some concerns about the update that removed the HIVE. That means that there can be more than 1 person with the same name.
      I think the only good thing about that update is that nobody will probably want DDoS the small HIVE server just for standalone.
      I don't like this update because someone can impersonate you. I know there are UIDs, but the problem is that someone can join a server with your name while you're offline and break the rules (for example swear in chat)
      and most players will think it was you. If the person did this while there was no admins on the server, and the admin joins later someone could report the name to them and there's chance you will get banned (unless they look at the UID).

Another issue is that someone can set his name to something like Administrator, Developer, Moderator, Staff, red51, or even "[Admin] aServerAdminsUsername". The last one is very bad because the name is nothing different from an admin "display name" except the fact that it's white and not red. Many players that are new to the game could fall for it and possibly give their itemss to such person because he threaned them he will ban them.

This could be simply fixed by automatically reserving players' usernames after they join a server so only that one player with the UID can join with that name.
      However, the problem with "Admin" names is hard to fix...
      MY PLUGINS:
      Cooking Timer

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von migdyn ()

• A simple solution to this (for server owners) is to log the chat messages and include the name and UID. My server does this and if someone is using inappropriate language and is reported by another player a simple log search will reveal the offenders UID.
      Medieval Realms - connect to server via server.medievalrealms.co.uk
      Medieval Realms Website

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von yahwho ()

• make a file named reservednames.txt in the base folder of the server and add all names you want protected and not spoofed in it like

name:uid-number

and you will be able to protect the admin's names and all regular player's names from being used.
      if you want to ban a particular name you can do it this way

name:

and leave the uid blank and that name will no longer be able to be used.
    • sharkbitefischer schrieb:

make a file named reservednames.txt in the base folder of the server and add all names you want protected and not spoofed in it like

and you will be able to protect the admin's names and all regular player's names from being used.

name:

I think I will make a plugin that will reserve every name that join automatically.
      MY PLUGINS:
      Cooking Timer

• migdyn schrieb:

sharkbitefischer schrieb:

make a file named reservednames.txt in the base folder of the server and add all names you want protected and not spoofed in it like

name:

I think I will make a plugin that will reserve every name that join automatically.
      that would be very handy. The list of player names and uid numbers is already available through the world db. The .db file can be accessed by DBbrowser and all the info obtained that way but a plugin to access this db would be very handy.