Gizoux's suggestion list...

• First off, I love playing the game, even if I find some things cheesy. When you start, you feel like you're living in one of Primitive Technology's videos, and you're literally trying to survive by your wit and crafting skills, but I feel that there are some changes/developments that could make a better impact than others.

I'd like to see more rustic versions of many of the modern models like the grill and the sawbench. The sawbench, for example could more resemble an electricity-free log splitter and still perform the same job (maybe calling it a "primitive woodmill" or "primitive sawmill".) That nice sawblade and table with perpendicular corners breaks the immersion a bit, but I guess that's more a nitpick but it would give a better survival feel because that's the initial feeling when you start the game.

I'm sure a taming mechanic and a breeding mechanic is a popular demand, but it is something that would help move the game along. I'm not sure about the models. Seeing farm animals in Minecraft isn't as offputting as seeing them wandering around the landscape in this game, but I feel that animals are certainly necessary. I'm not sure what to say, so I'll see if I can't find the words later. There aren't any cave monsters. In many ways I'm glad because outside of gravity or a jaguar falling into the same hole as you, you're totally safe when hiding in a cave. :)

While swords are an iconic weapon, spears are more effective for hunting outside of a bow, so I'd like to see it added. It could give a player reach so they aren't as likely to get damaged, as well it's faster than a sword Maybe we could tone down the damage to balance it? This happens in real life as well. Shields might also be nice, not just as a piece of armor, but also a decoration. Perhaps later on we could have banners and a place to introduce our own graphics?

More vegetables, cooked versions (like potatoes, you can eat them raw, but they're so much more satisfying when they've been heated for long enough) and maybe a stew pot for fancier recipes. And something for pumpkins outside of a Jack o'Lantern. It's a squash, so it could have an effect similar to a potato when cooked.

More water and stuff to do with it. I see we have lakes on rare occasions, but no rivers, so if we could have some development to have more water bodies, I feel it would be something to help realize the world a bit better. And maybe we could have stuff like buckets filling if we leave them placed out in the rain.

Several objects have no "remove/harvest capability" If we can't recover the primitive furnace in its entirety, then being able to recover at least some of the stone would be great (I know it's a popular suggestion, so I'm going to add a voice here.) Also, having a construction animation for crafted objects might add to the survival feel. Just as an example, the campfire could have stones placed individually and the logs added while it's being constructed.

That's my wishlist for now. Red, you and your team have done a great job so far in breaking a survival/crafting world out of cubes and squares. Keep up with the excellent work. :thumbup:

• Oops, I knew that this would happen. I had these in mind earlier, but forgot them until now.

Fatigue. The shelter says it's vital to surviving the first night, but we all know that you can be a total insomniac in this game and not suffer any penalty. I believe it would be good for this game to have a fatigue mechanic with certain penalties for pushing the limits and varying ways to mitigate the effects right up to passing out for a few hours and possibly taking some damage because you knocked your head on something. Since your spawn point is set by a shelter, maybe a different object can be used to set your spawn point because it would be a popular object to construct as you can also transport it with you.

Seasons and clothing options to better survive said events. I know it's in development but it would be something that would add to the "survival" theme of the game. Being able to wear hides and having more finished versions would also help with getting injured by falling or clawed up by a tiger as well as help insulate you from the cold.

We have a bar for our health, but none for the hunger/thirst. The color codes aren't always easy to read, so maybe a menu option to have those as status bars just in case players still prefer the utensils and canteen.

(I should have made a list and then made a post.) A mantling/climbing mechanic or animation. I know those can look silly sometimes because you can be standing on top of thin air, but I find walking up a steep incline and jumping to clear sharply inclined walls a little weird.

Edited once, last by gizoux: Added some extra items. I hope this is the last one for now. ().

• Just a few more ideas.

While the idea of item durability didn't initially appeal to me, I believe there can be such a mechanic and to have it work to enhance the game.

We can make tools and what not out of copper, aluminum, iron and tungsten, but these would wear out quickly over time as these ores are either very soft or very brittle. While they would wear out fast they would be faster than the stone axe. While the stone axe would be more durable, it would still be slow.

So enter the crucible, where we can make alloys by combining an ingot and another mineral.

We can make tungsten carbide by combining coal with tungsten. Steel by using iron and coal (I don't think it will be game breaking to ignore the impurities in coal) and bronze by combining copper and tin. Bronze would have twice the durability (or perhaps three times.) Tungsten carbide, steel and mithril have essentially infinite durability.

Oh, and add tin as a material.

It was mentioned before: Clay and stuff we can make out of it. It is early civilization's best friend because it allowed capacity to store food, water and ways to keep things out of the elements like people when you craft them into tiles and bricks. There's the matter, however, of the furnace in its current form used exclusively for smelting and it seems a little silly to have a kiln separate from a furnace since it does essentially the same thing. But that seems to be the simplest idea. It should also be fairly easy to find if my back yard is any indication.

Anyway, I'm pleased that there will be a culinary update later. The rest of my family doesn't mind eating potatoes raw, but I can't say that I do.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!