Survival aspect

• The game still feels empty in survival aspect. After settling down and making a sustainable crop field there's no challenge in surviving. The only left thing to do then is constructing buildings which is technically creative mode with limitations. Here are some challenges to add to the survival aspect.

Animal

-all animals notice you from farther distance
    -passive animals are rarer
    -aggressive animals have better path finding AI that can follow you behind walls. Also they try to break through doors or windows if they find no other way in. For that, doors and windows should have hit points.
    -all animals have higher hit points

Temperature
    -different biomes and weathers have different temperature and you need different clothes to adjust to the environment.
    -wetness. Rain and staying in water increases the wetness of the clothing of the character, which translates into body temperature. different clothes have different water proof value and umbrella significantly reduces the rate of getting wet.
    Staying near fire decreases the wetness value.

Nutrition
    -Different foods have different nutritional value which combine to set the character's nutrition which translates to different impacts like faster or slower reduction of hunger value and different rate of health regeneration. Cooked foods are more nutritional than raw foods. There are various cooking recipes and the more complex the recipes the more nutritional.

Sleep needs

Crafting consumes time

Encumbrance(encourages transport)

If the players don't like these they could always play creative mode.

• I agree that once you've crafted iron tools there isn't so much to do. I like the idea of adding a bit more challenge with some of your ideas, but perhaps have them as a checkbox at world creation?

Perhaps there could be a bit of a "story" and that given enough time, something(s) could be actively looking for you and you have to venture to the source to stop it. Also available as a checkbox.

I wished for the life of me I had time to learn code for this game. I've been diagnosed recently with a condition called "overtime." I'll look into some tutorials when things get more settled.

• Most, if not all, food is equally or more nutritious raw. Cooking only serves to kill pathogens. Cooking should actually lower the nutritional value. Wurm Online already uses the system you are suggesting and it is awful. I suggest giving a small chance of getting sick from eating raw fruits and vegetables, and a greater chance of getting sick from eating raw meat that scales up as the meat ages.
    The aggressive animals in this game already attack at a rate that is way beyond that of real-life animals. Having them try to break in through doors and windows is way too much. If there is a very small chance (rng) of this happening, I would find that acceptable in the case of bears.
    Docile animals should greatly outnumber aggressive animals. That is how nature is.
    My suggestion would be to add poisonous animals to the game. Water moccasins and mambas are aggressive and will actually chase people. A moccasin in a swamp or a mamba in the savannah would definitely add to the survival aspect. This can also add the production of antivenom to the game. Snake hooks, bags, a milking station, snake cages, snake chaps, and other items could be added to game crafting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!