My internet disconnects when I connect to any multiplayer server

• Hello, as the title states every time I connect to a Rising World Server, whether its my friends private server or public one, soon as I connect or around 10% load my internet dies. This only happens with Rising World, other mmo's and multiplayer games I have no problem. So this def has something to do with the game itself, its almost as if Im getting a mini ddos from any rising world server that I try to join. Help?

• I did another test. Tried to connect and got disconnect as I stated before. Checked the other computer in the other room and it still had internet which is on wireless. So I switched to wireless on the computer that I'm playing Rising World on and my internet came back on. I didn't try playing rising world on wireless yet, but web pages and everything loaded fine. When it disconnects me on the wired connection though I reset the router and it would still be offline and I would just keep restarting the router until the wired connection worked again. The other day it was off for an hour straight. But yea, it only does this on Rising World when I connect to a server, any other game though my wired connection is fine! So whats up with this game?! lol. Had a friend buy this to play this with me and soon as he does I get this problem. So whats going on? O_o Oh, and I use Avast for my anti-virus, as well as a couple other spyware detection programs.

• Maybe it's related to Avast, since it has an own firewall which may block the connection (still strange that your internet connection is lost afterwards, but maybe Avast shuts it down for some reason)? You could try to disable it temporarily and connect to a server to see if the problem still persists.

• I would agree with that theory but, it works fine in wireless mode, I played all for several hours last night in wireless mode. When I first got the game I was able to join any server no problem being wired. It really didn't start messing up until I installed hamachi. Hamachi worked with my friends for the first couple of days. I was able to play on my server with them as well as their server no prob. Avast has been running since I got the game. Since this problem came up I deleted Hamachi and the problem persists. It's just kind of mind blowing to me at least that it only happens when I play this game online lol. I've done what most would do: Run Anti-Virus checks, ran multiple spyware/malware programs, update java & everything else. Im trying to figure out the technical side of this problem, but its just empty up there lol. I've tried everything that I know to do.

• In wireless mode it works? Really a strange problem, maybe related to your network card? The game itself cannot disconnect you from the internet, but when connecting to a server, you may receive a lot of packets, especially when there are many players on it (all terrain information, custom images, player/npc sync and terrain edit messages etc.), maybe your router or network card has a problem with that? It's just another theory, since as mentioned, I've never heard of such an issue before ?(

• Yeah, I just tried connecting through ethernet and my internet died - switch instantly to wireless internet comes back on and I can join my friends fresh server np, its only me and him who play on it. I would suggest my network is card bad, but it's strange I can play any other multi-player games fine via ethernet. But yea, just with this game ;(

• The main difference between this an other games may be, that a lot of traffic between server and client happens (custom images, npc's, terrainformation etc.). Only thing I could imagine what's causing the problem... If wireless works, I really guess it's related to your network card or maybe your router :|

• I would try a full uninstall of Avast restart the PC and attempt to connect to the server. AntiVirus and most software firewalls install a protocol on each NIC so it can intercept and check data coming in and out. That protocol may be corrupt and having issues when the packets start flying both ways. Its not the first time I've seen an AV or Firewall cause a full disconnect on one NIC and not the other.
    Test it with Avast fully uninstalled, see if it works. Also, I'd be looking into update drivers for your NIC, or maybe a clean install of the NIC driver if removing Avast doesn't fix it.

• Thanks for the input OmegaJstn. I would like to mention that about maybe a week or so before I started having the "ethernet connection problem" with Rising World that it would work just fine on ethernet. I just recently did a clean install of windows and updated everything again (which would cover your full installation of Avast advice). However the problem still continues. Only on rising world it will make my ethernet crash - cant web browse or anything until I switch to wireless connection. I've tried extensive searches for problems like this on the internet and I've seen this problem in other games that people posted about, but none of them ever came up with a solution for the problem. I would consider that it is my router/or network card but it works fine on everything else that I play without any faults on the ethernet connection. At this point I feel like I need a network mastermind to help me with this... lol. More help would be awesome, thanks!

Side note: When I try to connect on my ethernet to a server, sometimes it will allow me in the game before crashing my net. Then a couple mins later, my net crashes, I switch to wireless and when i reconnect to the server I have a ghost in the server with the same name as my character, so its like a double effect. Then eventually the other me disconencts from the server. Duno if this has any relevance to the problem, but I thought I would throw that out there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!