Plank will not place as wanted

• Although I have many times before placed planks in this orientation, I can't get it to work this time.

I am trying to place barge boards on a new workshop. I correctly angle the plank to the pitch of the roof but every time I place it the board snaps to horizontal.
    I have tried every variation I can think of. Prepositioned and not. Different standing positions (view angles). Different plank materials. Fly mode or not.
    In the first pic you can see where the plank is correctly angled before placement. In the second pic I have placed the plank and the preview is still at the correct angle despite the placement being wrong.
    Swearing at it has not helped at all :cursing:

This is on a multiplayer server using stand alone game.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Incurably addicted to Rising World

• If you're working on a roof you could try to change the rotation in the console.
    There are 3 rotations; rotation world, rotation legacy and rotation local.
    Maybe this could solve your problem.

• FYI
    I have done a lot of PnB construction and placed thousands of planks, including many in the exact same way as I am attempting here. Placing this plank should be simple.
    I do not think it is my method at fault. There is something else going on but I have no idea what it could be.

• Could you post a video?

I have never encountered such behavior and have 600+hours in this game.

With my last described method it surely works. Pnb have no hitbox then and will move to the place you direct it to.

Make sure you don't have the enter key (modular building) activated.

If this is done a simple right click will put the pnb in place. It will not move by itself. Or at least never heard of it before, neither happened to me.

Probably you miss click somehow or hit right ctrl again or have modular building on. Something that way i guess

• Hi Avanar,
    I have never made a video of any sort and don't care to start learning a new skill over this.
    My time in game is over 2000 hrs although I see no reason why time in game is relevant to this issue. I also have never seen this before.

I assure you the problem is not a miss click or anything like it. I have used more than 50 planks in failed attempts over several sessions to place this one - hardly likely to miss click 50+ times. As I said above I have placed thousands of planks successfully. Including the ones on the top of this slope, the edge of which can be seen in the pics.

You can clearly see in the pics that I have correctly positioned the plank before placing and that it is still properly oriented after wrong placement. Surely this would not be the case if I had miss clicked - whatever that is.

However please accept my thanks for trying to help :P

Cheers

• I didn't want to offend you. I'm sorry if that sounded like this.

Game time is connected as by time you know the problems in a game.

But im not sure what i see on your picture. My only guess now is that perspective is playing tricks on you before placing it.

My attempt to understand the problem would be to check the perimeters, attach in different angles to see if its a problem only on this angle.
    Also to use another pnb type,

Hard to explain though.

Good luck with it. I hope you find a solution

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!