Any Known Java Hackers?

• I have been on my server just piddling about several times when someone logs on. There is a flurry of Java script errors then they log off. I find this quite disquieting. It does not happen all the time for everyone. I want to know if these guys are trying to crash my server or something worse? Anything out there that has happened to confirm this sort of paranoia?

Remember just because I am paranoid, it does not me they are not out to get me. 8|:S

• can you post a screenshot of the full errors or better upload the server log from when they were caused?

Red java errors in the chat are almost always plugin errors so maybe I can help with them or point you to the plugin creator to help with them :)

• Here was a screenshot. I dont see any errorlogs. The regular log has some activity around one of the logins.

Client 4 send ReturnAuthenticationMessage
    PLAYER CONNECT: loadtrain
    CREATEPLAYER: loadtrain (76561198245160090)
    LOADPLAYER: loadtrain (76561198245160090)
    REGISTER PLAYER WITH ELEMENT
    REGISTER PLAYER WITH ELEMENT
    2018/04/18 11:44 AM: Server Validate Auth Ticket Response: 110000110fb249a - 110000110fb249a OK
    SERVER: REQUEST MODEL INFO 0 net.risingworld.api.utils.ModelInformation@b07935fc
    SERVER: REQUEST IMAGE INFO 1 net.risingworld.api.utils.ImageInformation@780b5dfb
    SERVER: REQUEST MODEL INFO 0 net.risingworld.api.utils.ModelInformation@b07935fc
    SERVER: REQUEST IMAGE INFO 1 net.risingworld.api.utils.ImageInformation@780b5dfb
    SERVER: REQUEST IMAGE INFO 0 net.risingworld.api.utils.ImageInformation@40233b9e
    SERVER: REQUEST MODEL 0 net.risingworld.api.utils.ModelInformation@b07935fc
    SERVER: REQUEST IMAGE 1 net.risingworld.api.utils.ImageInformation@780b5dfb
    SERVER: REQUEST MODEL 0 net.risingworld.api.utils.ModelInformation@b07935fc
    SERVER: REQUEST IMAGE 1 net.risingworld.api.utils.ImageInformation@780b5dfb
    SERVER: REQUEST IMAGE 0 net.risingworld.api.utils.ImageInformation@40233b9e
    2018/04/18 11:44 AM: Server Validate Auth Ticket Response: 110000110fb249a - 110000110fb249a AuthTicketCanceled
    CLIENT 4 CHANGE STATE: Connected -> Disconnecting
    CLIENT 4 CHANGE STATE: Disconnecting -> Disconnected
    REMOVE: de.jiw.network.server.session.ClientConnection@7a4179f4 - 4 -
    [TcpSessionHandler ExceptionCaught] /84.2.144.112:51359
    [TcpSessionHandler ExceptionCaught] /84.2.144.112:514252018/04/18 11:44 AM
    [TcpSessionHandler ExceptionCaught] /84.2.144.112:51392G.f

INFO: Delete Client ID: 4
    [EndAuthSession] 284894362

PLUGIN EXCEPTION (AnimalBreedMaster, 0.70.0, Carsten) ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pluginapi.manager.PluginGuiManager.unregisterPlayerWithElement(SourceFile:60)
    at pluginapi.objects.PlayerAPI.removeGuiElement(SourceFile:905)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.removeGui(AnimalBreedMaster.java:2169)
    at carsten.risingworld.abm.AnimalBreedMaster.onPlayerDisconnectEvent(AnimalBreedMaster.java:246)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:206)
    at G.f.clientDisconnected(SourceFile:1628)
    at de.jiw.network.core.AbstractServer.triggerClientDisconnected(AbstractServer.java:166)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.ClientConnection.disconnect(ClientConnection.java:208)
    at de.jiw.network.server.core.AbstractServerChannel.dispatchTCP(AbstractServerChannel.java:58)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:80)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:15)
    at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$600(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:38)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$7.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:353)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultEventExecutor.run(DefaultEventExecutor.java:66)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[TcpSessionHandler ExceptionCaught] /84.2.144.112:51326

• These red error are always related to plugins or the plugin API in general, as @Minotorious said ;) So it's nothing serious and nothing to worry about, although if several plugin errors occur, the server will shutdown automatically (the "error threshold" can be changed in the server.properties, just increase the "plugins_error_threshold" value). Usually this red error message is only visible for admins.

In this particular case, the error is caused by the AnimalBreeding plugin, so it's recommendable to forward this to @Machete (the plugin creator) :) The Player.removeGuiElement() was called with a "null" parameter when a player disconnected (in the PlayerDisconnectEvent), resulting in this exception (but with the next update we will also add a check if the provided element is null)

• Thanks.. it is all jibberish to me.

Poor ABM guy.. really nice plugin. People have fun with it. I have had the most issues with it. Itwould be nice if you could have a cost to Cattle breeding etc which would make it more important for certain players to do that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!