SQLite Busy - Unable to Save

• Was greeting by something strange where SQLite couldn't save that it spent 2-5 minutes spewing this message out.

With the added picture below. It seemed to have resolved itself, yet restarting the server just to be sure while also making you aware of this issue.

• Alright, it's doing it again while also not properly saving chunks by another player (or so I'm experiencing) that it does weird things. The image I attached is the chunk Joni was in where he could see it yet I couldn't that I was unable to move from there that everything in that image should be nearly flat terrain + connected from left to right with the blocks.

• restart the server or you will risk loosing work that you have done. sometimes ore will not pick up and with my new econo the credits do not save properly and some things will be missing after a restart unless you restart your server right after the error occurs. This happens to me every now and then. it has been happening lately to my server and the only fix I have found is a restart. The DB locks up and doesn't record.

• The message indicates that the game was not able to access the world database (i.e. somethig else kept the file locked). There could be several reasons why this happened. If the message only occurs once or twice, you can basically ignore it. However, if you get this message frequently, there is a high chance that the world will not be saved correctly (so maybe you lose your progress). In this case, it's highly recommendable to restart the server.

If you get this message frequently, there is probably another process which accesses the database. Maybe there is another server process (or maybe an old server process which was not shut down properly) which accesses this file? Sometimes security software can also be responsible for this.

• restart the server or you will risk loosing work that you have done. sometimes ore will not pick up and with my new econo the credits do not save properly and some things will be missing after a restart unless you restart your server right after the error occurs. This happens to me every now and then. it has been happening lately to my server and the only fix I have found is a restart. The DB locks up and doesn't record.

I've restarted it a few times from when that happened that I waited for the red text to disappear before I restarted. I noticed it stopped spamming so I felt it safe to do so from where I had Joni's cousin join the server. There's 2 restarts there..... It then spammed heavily + kept trapping me & Joni's cousin in one specific junk that even Joni dug through. Maybe it's related to that one chunk?

My server is hosted through Nitrado so maybe it has something to do with them, or similar. It was quite frequent last night........

I now have my suspicions that it's related to that one specific chunk of road........ The one in the image.

• Unfortunately it's difficult to say what causes it exactly. It could be an issue with the server, but it could also be just a bug in the game... maybe post a server log here. If it's a bug, the log will most likely contain more information about what's going on there :)

• here is the latest time my data base locked up. It just happened and hasn't sence just before my last post but here is the log.

1525964429.log

while I was posting here it locked up again so here is that log too.

1525991077.log

This may be a different issue but on my client I have been also experiencing an over use of system resources. The game is maxing out 4 cores of my CPU and using 3.5-4.5 gigs of ram and my system cooling fan is running wild. But my GPU is running hardly 1/4 of max

• [18:53] ArcticuKitsu: [#FFFFFF]world could not be saved?

Just wondering what the Hex value signifies, in the above line.
    If it's a reference pointer value - Is it already at its maximum limit, and this is part of the issue.

• That is a hex colour code nothing else :)

#FFFFFF = RGB(255,255,255) i.e. white colour

• If this helps anyone. I have found if database gets 'locked', the culprit is one of the installed plugins is not releasing the DB for some reason. run console command 'reloadplugins' resolves it every time for me without needing to restart server. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, this is my fallback. :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!