DEL key not working for removal tool in creative

• I've read on a few threads now that the DEL is what you use after you properly highlight an area to remove blocks in creative, but no DEL key works on my keyboard. I don't know if it's an issue on my end, or what. The adding tools work fine. Highlighting areas and adding or subtracting in all directions works fine. I simply cannot delete the terrain with the DEL key using the removal tool.

What could the problem be?

• Well the removal tools can remove blocks, constructions, objects, plants but not terrain so you are trying to use the wrong tool for the job. Also when using the removal tool make sure you are using the correct subtool for the thing you want to remove.

To edit terrain you need to use the Terrain tool F5 -> 1 and right click to subtract terrain (similarly left click to add terrain).

• I suppose I should I apologize. I am in fact attempting to remove what's on the terrain, not the terrain itself. I cannot remove any grass or anything with this tool. I have figured out that the F7 tool is used to remove objects, but that's my very problem. I cannot remove objects with the removal tool, as my DEL key simply doesn't work. I've tried two different DEL keys on my keyboard, and yes my numbers lock is active when I attempt this. I am able to use the +/- though on it and it works fine in that regard.

• no need to apoligise :/

grass is not removed by this tool but with the terrain tool F5 -> paint tool (think it is number 3)

for the F7 tool, are you sure you are using the correct 1-5 tool to remove what you are trying to remove? e.g. press F7 then press 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 (to select removal of blocks, vegetation, constructions, objects, or all of the above) and then select an area and hit the Del key to remove what you selected.

If this doesn't work then can you check in the config.properties file in the RW directory (open it with a text editor) what the Del key is bound to?

Also are you playing in SP or a MP server?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!