How Do I (Multiplayer) With Steam?

• How do I play with friends with steam? As I come up to the main menu, click on play with friends do I just invite them to my world or is there anything else technical that needs to be done? In addition to this how do you allocate more ram to the game? I have the Rising World Dedicated server tool installed on steam and I can't help but wonder if I need to open any ports, mess with configurations or anything else. Also I've got this bug that's driving me bonkers. I uploaded some rather NSFW pictures to the game and everytime I delete them from the folder they keep showing up in game. How do I get rid of them permanently? It would be rather embarrassing to invite someone to the game and they go to upload their own photos and run across images that should remain deleted but insist on returning. Despite shredding them from my PC it's beame a persistent little bug that I am unable to fix.

• If you just want to play on your world through steam enter your world through the LAN button and then press Shift-Tab to open the steam overlay and from the friends list there invite them to join it.

• Which difference is between LAN with sharing ports on your router and group permissions and the LAN with Steam friends?

Basically both modes are almost the same, the main difference is that the "Play with Friends" option does not require you to forward any ports (instead it uses Steams relay servers), while port forwarding is required when using the regular "LAN" option (basically the LAN mode is like an "integrated dedicated server"). In other words, the "Play with Friends" button offers a much easier way to play with friends.

However, in some cases the regular LAN modes offers better performance, since Steams P2P mechanism is somewhat limited (especially if the relay servers are causing trouble, or if you have a bad ping to these servers). When just playing with 1-3 friends, this performance difference is negligible ;)

When it comes to groups or other gameplay-releated elements, there is no difference between LAN and the "Play with Friends" mode.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!