Changelog 2018-05-30: Look at my horse!

• Wonder if i can get assistance. My horses even after being saddled wander off and am not aware what food to tame them with? Are they already added into the abm? haha so after a saddle they shouldnt wander off? mine are literally going through stone walls and just taking off.

I believe their is an issue with ABM, on a server I was on this morning, the horse had a "Horse XXXXX (Wild)" statement over it, even though it was saddled, and ridden.
    On other servers with ABM this is not happening. Is it possible your client or server has a experimental version of ABM? Or it could be that the ABM plug-in is conflicting with another plug-in?

I would also suggest you try Potatoes, as that is another of the "other animals" food.

• @red51 Thanks for adding the Map/Journal interaction, while on a mount yet I was sure before this recent hot-fix the "L" (Debug light) worked while on a mount, and now it does not.

• I believe their is an issue with ABM, on a server I was on this morning, the horse had a "Horse XXXXX (Wild)" statement over it, even though it was saddled, and ridden.On other servers with ABM this is not happening. Is it possible your client or server has a experimental version of ABM? Or it could be that the ABM plug-in is conflicting with another plug-in?

I would also suggest you try Potatoes, as that is another of the "other animals" food.

Wyzer was it my server?

• Also Red1 .. New Issue

Seems the issue of seeing the horse is good but we had a funny deal just happen. I took a saddle off a horse but the other player still saw it and could ride it while I could not ride it. It walked around like it had no saddle for both of us. Once I put a saddle on it both of us could ride it.

• with the new update it seems you cannot open and close doors from both sides but only from one. Is that intentional?

• with the new update it seems you cannot open and close doors from both sides but only from one. Is that intentional?

On grates it is tricky sometimes on the edge. I have found on double doors it is pretty tricky as it seems you have to looking at where the door will be when it opens or closes from the direction you want. That is if you are inside and the door and it is closing look where the handle will be when the door is finished its action and you will find the hit box there.

• On grates it is tricky sometimes on the edge. I have found on double doors it is pretty tricky as it seems you have to looking at where the door will be when it opens or closes from the direction you want. That is if you are inside and the door and it is closing look where the handle will be when the door is finished its action and you will find the hit box there.

I know how the doors work and they don't anymore as they did before the new update so my question to @red51 remains if he changed something there ?(

• I know how the doors work and they don't anymore as they did before the new update so my question to @red51 remains if he changed something there ?(

Hey I am agreeing with you ..

They are different but I am saying I can close them from both sides but not the same way. This was legitimate feedback not for you to take my head off. X/ Come to my server and I can show you it is not on the door when you want to close it , teh hit box is where it will be when it closes. When you want to open it then it is in the correct spot

• My brother suggested a drying rack.

try stacking bales and letting them dry but that calls for a rake machine for putting in rows as well as a mower to cut the hay and a bailing machine to bail them and a tractor to run them all. I live on a ranch. You could have them need to sit in the field for so long before they can be used :) but cattle and horses will eat hay green :) as will most grazing animals.

• New Feedback:

- Having issues closing and opening doors that it also seems to be a one sided thing. Only one side is able to register the door function
    - Barrels with 2 pages concerns me that I recall ever seeing one page. Barrels being given 2 storage pages is weird.
    - Love how the sand gets kicked up when you move about with the horse. That adds a nice layer of immersion that I love that small attention to detailing.
    - I had an issue where my horse would idle that it would just go to sleep each and every time that that 'drunksh0t' on my stream noticed this asking what was up that I pointed out it was a glitch because horse should only sleep during night. It kept doing it each and every time (image attached below). It also seemed to have fixed itself that after a rejoin, yet even when at the start of walking/sprinting with the horse it would jerk in an "I'm going to sleep" animation for a split second before realizing it's still active.
    - Telescope is a nice fun addition that I love how you can zoom into chunks you already see yet you have to be fairly close in some cases to see the finer detailings.
    - Horses now sound awesome that donkeys need an idle sound tweak to calm them down that they "whine" too much.
    - Donkeys are a nice 1 up on Minecraft that they're as fast as horses that no matter what you get everything is awesome. Donkeys in Rising world are the cute kind that I love donkeys in Rising World.
    - Love the thunderstorm effects in the game that I saw a few bright flashes. Would have been awesome in seeing a lighting bolt hit the ground, unless that's a very low/rare chance in game now. I also seen a 'misty' distortion that pixelated animal name tags that I'm curious what that was about if it was weather caused or not.

Thanks for the horse "whine" fix as well as the map fix. Love it! I however had some Tiger/Leopards attack me that it was frustrating not being able to attack them when mounted that I had to unmount to fight them with my drill. More leather for me.

• Wonder if i can get assistance. My horses even after being saddled wander off and am not aware what food to tame them with? Are they already added into the abm? P.s Carrots didnt work neither did lemons ....

That's strange, basically mounts are not supposed to wander off while there is a saddle on their back 8| Unless a plugin instructs them to go to a specific location...

yet I was sure before this recent hot-fix the "L" (Debug light) worked while on a mount, and now it does not.

It didn't work before, but we will change that so with the next hotfix, the light can also be turned on/off while on a mount ^^

I took a saddle off a horse but the other player still saw it and could ride it while I could not ride it. It walked around like it had no saddle for both of us

Thanks for letting me know! That's really strange, I'll check out what's going on there ;)

with the new update it seems you cannot open and close doors from both sides but only from one. Is that intentional?

Unfortunately the doors are still "broken", at least their hitbox. This will be changed with the next hotfix :)

- Barrels with 2 pages concerns me that I recall ever seeing one page. Barrels being given 2 storage pages is weird.

That wasn't intended, I'll check out what went wrong there!

- I had an issue where my horse would idle that it would just go to sleep each and every time that that 'drunksh0t' on my stream noticed this asking what was up that I pointed out it was a glitch because horse should only sleep during night. It kept doing it each and every time (image attached below). It also seemed to have fixed itself that after a rejoin, yet even when at the start of walking/sprinting with the horse it would jerk in an "I'm going to sleep" animation for a split second before realizing it's still active.

Hmm... maybe if putting the saddle on the horse during night (when the horse is about to sleep), there might be a sync issue between the client and server, so the horse somehow gets stuck in the "sleep" state... I'll check out what's going on there :)

• I think it's kind of strange that instead of taming a horse through bucking we can just walk up to them and slap a saddle on their back. Yesterday while recording (releases at 10 today EST) I tamed a donkey and we quite literally rode right over a ravine like it wasn't even there. Got off my ride walked over to it and said to myself... they can fly? 8) Wow infinite stamina sure has its uses but

Yeah believe it or not I'm walking on air! 8o:thumbsup: Hope this gets patched as its a bit strange. The music video here is just used as an expression for how it felt to ride a donkey over a 25 foot drop. As for the drawer bug being patched wow, yeah I just literally broke every one of them and placed new ones. It fixed the bug, till today I seen another patch was applied to fix the problem. I found this was the easiest solution to everything that the hitbox seemed to be off on. Removing it and replacing it still seems to correct it every time. So if anyone out there is still having hitbox problems either destroy it and place new objects or remove it and replace it such as doors etc..

Will the donkey's, horses & camels ever be able to free roam after being saddled? I find it strange I can park one in the JIW Shopping Plaza and come back a few hours later and it's still there, exactly where I left it. I found a setting called allow third person perspective in the configs and turned in to true hoping it would allow me to F5 out for some selfie screenshots. Is this a WIP because it doesn't do anything.

• It seems to have been skipped over but if you tp in or out near animals as well as mounts, they will fall through and die in hell or be stoped by an underground structure, underground tunnels stop them sometimes but they are still underground. As an admin I need the teleport to be able to help my players but if it is killing mounts and animals, it is not helping them. When I have 2 players that need help and on opposite sides of the server, flying and riding is not an option when 10000 blocks separate the 2 of them and you don't know exactly where they are, the goto command is needed but again if it is causing fall through for the animals and mounts it becomes a hinderance rather then helpful.

• I think it's kind of strange that instead of taming a horse through bucking we can just walk up to them and slap a saddle on their back

Unfortunately taming isn't implemented yet, and it has a low priority atm... so currently it's sufficient to put the saddle on the horse. Once taming is implemented, it will be necessary to tame a horse before being able to mount it ;)

I tamed a donkey and we quite literally rode right over a ravine like it wasn't even there. Got off my ride walked over to it and said to myself... they can fly?

Mounts have a relatively big collision shape, so they can just walk over smaller holes. If it's a really small ravine, they're usually able to walk over it, especially while sprinting.

Will the donkey's, horses & camels ever be able to free roam after being saddled?

Not sure about that... currently the main intention behind this feature is to prevent the mounts from walking through walls (since they suffer from the same collision issues other animals have). But even if all collision issues are sorted out in the future, I can't say for sure if this feature gets removed.

I found a setting called allow third person perspective in the configs and turned in to true hoping it would allow me to F5 out for some selfie screenshots. Is this a WIP because it doesn't do anything.

Unfortunately the third person view isn't available yet, but we're already working on it, that's why there is already a setting for it. For the public build, the setting will be ignored by the game... hopefully it won't take too long until this feature is finally available ;)

It seems to have been skipped over but if you tp in or out near animals as well as mounts, they will fall through and die in hell or be stoped by an underground structure

I'll check out what's going on there! :)

• Unfortunately taming isn't implemented yet, and it has a low priority atm... so currently it's sufficient to put the saddle on the horse. Once taming is implemented, it will be necessary to tame a horse before being able to mount it ;)

-- Sounds like some of the women 'Ive dated LOL

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!