Changelog 2018-05-30: Look at my horse!

• Having A hard time finding donkeys. Anyone have a tip on where these hideout on the map? Anyway to spawn them in through the console?

They are in the edge of the savannahs before you get to the green cow land along the mountains. Tigers sometimes are nearby. It also has to be an area that has never been explored before. If you have explored it they will not show up there.

• They are in the edge of the savannahs before you get to the green cow land along the mountains. Tigers sometimes are nearby. It also has to be an area that has never been explored before. If you have explored it they will not show up there.

After flying around for a while i finally found one and rode him home lol.Thanks for the tip. Any idea why the donkey sounds like a roaring dragon ?

• After flying around for a while i finally found one and rode him home lol.Thanks for the tip. Any idea why the donkey sounds like a roaring dragon ?

Because it is programmed that way :S It took me sometime since I assumed they would be in the mountains but I found more horse up there than anything.

• On my server we are having a real bad problem with mounts and other animals falling through the ground when we teleport near them. I mean it is real bad. I have had to save several peoples mounts every day and have also seen other animals I can't save stuck underground.
    My people are getting really annoyed at this and I can't blame them. saving mounts is not my favorite thing to do but seems to be something I have to do all the timeright now. My admin are being careful but it is still happening. Please help red51.

• On my server we are having a real bad problem with mounts and other animals falling through the ground when we teleport near them. I mean it is real bad. I have had to save several peoples mounts every day and have also seen other animals I can't save stuck underground.
    My people are getting really annoyed at this and I can't blame them. saving mounts is not my favorite thing to do but seems to be something I have to do all the timeright now. My admin are being careful but it is still happening. Please help red51.

Why dont you write a routine to go into the database and bump ever brown horse 31 and I think the white horse is 35 up 10 feet? You can do this during server maintenance manually for the ones underground.. if they go further than it will not be in the database because itis dead.

They are jumping up on my server..so I just tell people to make the stable taller.. mine is about 12 to 15 blocks high.

• I don't think that is something.

I tp'd my horse back to the stable, logged out and when I came back about half an hour later it was gone, thought it had fallen through again.....

but no:

Up one floor … and this is on a MP server too

• that is one nice looking house, no wonder the horse wanted to live in it instead of outside XD

• Is it just me or is anyone else having hitbox issues with the local wildlife? Me & Didi Christensen were out on an adventure one day and no matter how many times I shot the tiger with the repeater it did zero damage. Then she comes up from behind and jams a chainsaw up it's butt and in one hit it's dead. :huh::rolleyes: Yeah it was hilarious but at the same time a couple days ago I flew above the safari (F2) and started taking pot shots at the wildlife. The rhino, tiger and elephant seem to have the worst of the hitbox issues. No matter how hard you try you just can't hurt them unless you use a chainsaw?? :whistling: The repeater, anything that shoots arrows & the musket don't do any damage to these guys besides tick them off. Before the horse update they were just fine. Now in multiplayer we can leap a horse off a cliff and it survive in single player it dies, infinite stamina all the way around even invisible bears in a forest that attack you. I think we got some kinks that still need worked out.

• I am not shure what is causing the db lockup on my server. I thought I would post the log here too, for red51 to look at. sorry about the zip file but the log was 3.4 meg and would not upload to the forums so I zipped it with 7zip.

1528686020.zip

we lost all of last nights work cause I was asleep at the time. It fixes for a while when restarting the server but I have had 4 lockups in the last 24 hrs.

• Donkey keeps wandering off even when it wearing a saddle. At first, it was only wandering back to the last place I slept and waited for me there, now I can't find it at all. While looking, I heard the 'dragon cry' and wonder if perhaps it ran into trouble and died in it's wandering?

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

• Donkey keeps wandering off even when it wearing a saddle. At first, it was only wandering back to the last place I slept and waited for me there, now I can't find it at all. While looking, I heard the 'dragon cry' and wonder if perhaps it ran into trouble and died in it's wandering?

ask the Admin if they are running an older version of Animal Breeder plugin.

• It is really simple to see if you are running an older version of ABM. Just walk up to a Mount if it has Horse XXXXX (Wild) tag floating over it, you have the older version and not the most recent. Same goes for Camel/Donkey.

The basic theory is the older ABM removes the "locknpc" when the saddle is on the mount, making them "wild", combined with the older version ABM bug of animals walking toward 0,0,0, hence your mounts "disappear", regardless of saddled/unsaddled.

Edited once, last by Wyzer: adding effects to tag statement. ().

• also if you have been teleporting in and out near your mount, it may have fallen through the world and died or got caught on a tunnel or a dungeon. the way to check that is go into fly mode where you last saw the mount and look under ground. If you find it down there all you have to do is get in the saddle and tp home or wherever. To slow this down just make shure all the animals are far away from your tp spots. This happens to all animals by the way.

• Thanks to Joni I was able to see this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/3559414588270238365/

Looks like we're in for quite a treat in the long-term that it's neat seeing what's in.

What's new to me here would be crop failure that it has me now worried if we're going to be struggling 'Conan Exiles' style, or if it'll be tolerable like with Terraria. The mention of crops gaining diseases going to really become a challenging factor to things. The whole food things shall be interesting when we see it implemented that we'll have to adapt accordingly.

Cars - at least an offroad vehicle is planned. Just like trains, cars will be pre-made models, although they will be customizable (e.g. you can change the appearance, color, engine, transmission etc)

Yeah, but will we be able to build it up from the shell by adding customized parts onto it? Start with the shell to then add the parts onto it in the main world that you'd have vehicle garages build that it be like a factory type setting. I guess that's a "wait and see" approach.

Boats - at least small boats are planned. We did prepare some big sailing ships as well, but we're not sure if they will make it into the game and if they will be controllable by the player or not. Maybe big ships controlled by pirates spawn randomly in the world

That's a tease with the "big boat". I do hope we get to see them then see if we can have them ourselves. I consider this a tease because it's one of those "it's so close, yet so far aware" type deals. Any chance for a sneak peak?

To both the vehicles & boats I'm viewing things in a Wurm: Unlimited & Ylands POV that it's has to be weighted + people will always build up to the higher thing. I'll take the "wait and see" approach that I'm also going to assume Red51 shall take. Just wait it out to see what's possible by seeing how smaller boats behave first.

Lastly, to the whole NPC village thing I keep falling back to the "tested & true" method of handling them: https://www.millenaire.org/wiki/Mill%C3%A9naire_Wiki

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!