Changelog 2018-05-30: Look at my horse!

• Here's your answer:

red51 [developer] 20 Jul @ 7:00am
    As @Avanar mentioned, originally the upcoming update was mainly intended to be a "bugfix" update. However, some new features were added in the meantime so the update will also bring new content.
    Unfortunately the update will not contain bandits or monsters, although we already made some progress in these areas. Hopefully we will get the hostile npcs ready within the next 2-3 months.

Seems fair.

• Out of pure curiosity why don't we just enjoy the update we've got now? We all have a massive wish list on the back of our minds for this game from enemies, villages, towns & even new gadgets; possibly block elements to play around with. The modding API is limited as I talked to the developers of Minecraft Forge about it. They could build a better version allowing us to create our own workbench's, biomes & more but they won't because unlike Minecraft the original modding API dev also works for Mojang. So there is a contract involved and in order to build a modding API that would allow access to the full game code they would need to meet with @red51 . I don't know why I keep seeing comments popping up wondering when the next update will be when either we could A) Enjoy what we've got or B) Make a mod to improve upon it. If you could answer this I am all ears. Marking this thread as unwatched.

• Out of pure curiosity why don't we just enjoy the update we've got now? We all have a massive wish list on the back of our minds for this game from enemies, villages, towns & even new gadgets; possibly block elements to play around with. The modding API is limited as I talked to the developers of Minecraft Forge about it. They could build a better version allowing us to create our own workbench's, biomes & more but they won't because unlike Minecraft the original modding API dev also works for Mojang. So there is a contract involved and in order to build a modding API that would allow access to the full game code they would need to meet with @red51 . I don't know why I keep seeing comments popping up wondering when the next update will be when either we could A) Enjoy what we've got or B) Make a mod to improve upon it. If you could answer this I am all ears. Marking this thread as unwatched.

Somewhat negative approach to a positive message.

Oh well I enjoy the horses.. it has run it's course as far as player attractors at least for my server... But that does not stop me from using the API to develop new techniques to play the game and understand the difficulty in getting something to run correctly. A server operator can create their own biome or whatever in Creative mode. It is a lack of imagination that thinks one cannot.

The API includes the entire gauntlet of JAVA 8 API. That is huge... as a BigDecimal as far as possibilities for the game!!!! :thumbsup:

• With all the impatience going around on Steam I want to share these on there but the links would break over time that I chose to up them as attachments.

1) Better to have a game that takes its time in development over a rushed buggy mess.
    2) The 2nd image is true because I always heard it happen for Mojang for Minecraft & Bartwe over at Staxel. Then we're seeing it for Rising World as well

Patience. But I am curious to see when the next update shall release that I'm keeping an eye out for the banner. It feels to be about that time to release but if the update is buggy then I guess it just resorts to #1 where we simply have to wait or else we'd have a buggy mess.

• One of the biggest time consuming factors in code imo is the documentation. It's "easy" to bash out quick dirty bad code, but to write elegant, efficient, well documented code takes time.

The game is great how it is, but people always want more. Human nature I guess.

Not really sure where I'm going with this, just wanted to post this meme and there is a minimum character count in posts, sure I'm well past it now. :D

• What will be added in Update Sept 26?

My biggest guess is this is going to be the "Survival Update." At least that's what I am hoping for. After reading the road map for development and just about every post in the update threads I could find it sure looks like this is the survival update we've been waiting for. Crop failure, temps, disease, health issues and so much more. Bread is going to be a very yummy source of food even if it's cornbread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!