Horses make it more acute; The question of TP on PVP servers.

• The recent upgrade to mounts in the game is raising a question I have about the validity of Teleportation with the Mounts on the fly. The TP routines on PVP server including mine offer a juxtaposition. The ability in a PVP to suddenly despawn and spawn many Km away is sort of a ZugZwang for the PVP game servers, if you will. On one hand the TP allows new players to visit places and tour a server to determine where they might want to start their quests. It can provide for a method of traveling to interact with other players on both an economic level and a PVP. Yet, if it can be done on the fly while running from an adversary it might be a different feeling for both players.

So the question for debate is do routines need to be modified to require and dismount and interaction using such tools as Aktivesign or possibly a portal behind some doors or is it to be kept in its current state on the PVP servers? :huh:

• Is the permission to tp available or is it an all or nothing thing.

If it's a permissions thing, why not have it off. If it's a survival world then there is no tp. And before you say 'but it's a pvp server' it's still survival tho isn't it ?

If it's creative with pvp then you have tp.

Just my 5 cents worth .. 2 cents being illegal tender and all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!