PVP in select area

• Would it be possible to turn on PVP in a select area. I have PVP turned off on my server. Last night a member of the server created an arena. We were talking and thought if we could turn on PVP in that area we could host a kind of cage match. Players could enter with wepons and armor and some inventory that would go to the winner of the contest. As monsters were introduced into the game we could bring them into the arena to join the fights as well. Thank You.

• You could just build an arena.

The arena is built. But I would like to keep PVP off to prevent the ramdom person from logging in and killing a regular player and taking their inventory and logging out. This has happened several times.

Remind me to never go to that area.
    Sounds like you want to play a different game.

It wouldn't be much ddifferent than the Roman collusam. The would have contests of man vs man and man vs beast.

• Ya, I was thinking the same idea. I think it would be very useful because than you are able to keep everyone happy. The people who don't enjoy pvp don't have to enter the arena and the people who do enjoy slaughtering each other can have there fun as well. As for the people who really truly enjoy slaughtering a person who is not fighting back.... well sorry bud but your gonna have to step up and grow a pair. I also believe that this idea would bring a new aspect for the avid builders in that some might have fun building these arenas and it would also give more reason to explore other worlds to fight in the best arenas all over. People would be able to send invitations to battles in there arenas and we would be able to host tournaments that might take place across multiple servers, all while still keeping our citizens, cities and other creations safe.

• That's possible with LUA scripts ;) But it would only work if pvp is generally enabled on the server (I talk about the flag in the server.properties), since there is no way yet to override this setting via LUA.
    You could generally disable pvp via LUA (by cancelling the "PlayerHit"-event), but make an exception for a specified area (your pvp arena).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!