Where Did The Clay Go?

• @red51 Where did all the clay go? Prior to the last nerf that changed the world generation in 2016-17 Rising World used to have clay, it showed up in the creative menu under placement and paint as a texture. Now as I play Rising World today I keep scratching my head wondering if it was removed entirely from the game, or if it is a bug that it no longer shows up in the creative menu? I talked with @dagoline about this previously and even she had no luck finding it either. Said something about it still being in the game but only found in a specific biomes but as to where I can't remember where. Perhaps it was the snow biomes again not sure. Planning on making some custom rivers, creeks, ponds, forests & such and increased the despawn rate to 10,000 minutes so walking through the woods one could see trump's, ferns, fallen trees and more. All the same can you please add it back? The nature reserve I'll be working on soon and some clay would work wonders. I can wait for the clay to come back but I do miss it. :(

• Thanks a lot guys. Haven't seen it in the game in a long time as it used to be in the creative paint menu & found in snow biomes but I've had no luck. I'll try "item ore 1 12" and see if I can paint with it that way. if not all I can do is hope red can put in back into the creative paint menu again. Thanks a bunch :)

• Well, unfortunately I can't say much about clay :D Right now it's not used by the game, and I'm not sure if it will actually stay in the game forever. We can only use a limited amount of terrain textures, and if we need another material in the future, clay will be replaced eventually (unless we really need clay) =O

• Well, unfortunately I can't say much about clay :D Right now it's not used by the game, and I'm not sure if it will actually stay in the game forever. We can only use a limited amount of terrain textures, and if we need another material in the future, clay will be replaced eventually (unless we really need clay) =O

Yeah I know it isn't used much for anything apart from terrain variation, but clay could have some use as well. We could make adobe blocks by baking it for more block variations, pottery for storing food or perhaps an alternative to stone for crafting those flower pots?. I would hate to see such a material disappear from the game when we as the community could help come up with some ideas for it. There's even a few posts in the suggestions for uses for the clay. As the game progresses in development perhaps it could be reimplemented at some point. For now I see your point, but I'll hang on to the hope that one day it can come back again. :saint:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!