[Plug-in] Area Protection

• I am surprised that mailing system still works as i haven't updated it in ages :D

Both these functions worked before the UID update and were based on player names so tbh i didn't expect the to work anymore at all :D

• Hmmm. Actually, the Mailing_System does appear to work except for the above mentioned "inactive server" issue which also affects the /ap plugin.

The "/st lastonline <playername>" you have up to date don't you? This also stops working when the server is "inactive" and running without restarts for a while.

• Not sure about that either, it kept working kinda so didn't look at it yet

• Yes, but what I really find strange is that some of your (Minotaurious) plugins and Miwarre's AP plugin both start "acting up" after initially working just with time the server stays running without any restarts (apparently with inactivity on the server).

• The values for the "Extent" (think we should use the word "Size" here) of an area appears to have improved with the latest update. The sides of an area do not appear to "shift" by one block anymore when creating an area in a "negative coordinate area", however.... When trying to "Edit Extent" (I suggest again the word "Size" here), when changing values in the E-W boxes, and clicking outside the box(es), the values of E-W both appear to get set to the same value and when you update the area ends up a 1 block skinny area. I did not see this problem occur with the N-S or TOP-BOTTOM entries, but I only tried it a few times. I did notice that the label for the "Top Height:" box is partly covered up by the "Bottom Height" box as well. I am not sure if this may be an issue with the API update(s) that @red51 made or if there is an issue within the plugin code.

• I rly love this Plugin but I have 2 huge, HUGE problems and I can't seem 2 find a solution!

First of all, the "Edit Space" command is just incomprehensible for me! If i just click from field 2 field without changing any of the numbers, they just jump 2 new values theirself! For example the N-coordinate goes from 60 to 165? Same applies 2 the "Height" and "Bottom Height". Am I doing something wrong?

2ndly, is ur Plugin compatible with any of the economy-/money-plugins? I am currently using iConomy and it would be awesome if there is an option 2 let players claim areas themselves for some money. Is this in any way possible?

• There is definitely issues with the "Edit Extent" feature of this plugin. Unfortunately, I have not heard anything from the author ( @Miwarre) for almost three months now. I do hope that everything is ok with Miwarre as this plugin is needed in order for @red51 to proceed with removing LUA Scripting from Rising World as there isn't really a replacement for the "Area Protection" LUA Script that is currently being used by most servers that I know. I don't know if Miwarre's code is available for someone else to carry on with this plugin, but it would be nice as this is a good replacement for the existing LUA script.j

• when you turn on showareas and stand on an island inside a claim, the water outside the claim disappears and when you leave the claim, the water inside the claim disappears and the water out of the claim appears again. This happens until you turn off showareas.

• I have this error every day. :(

Verweilt im Raum
    von Zeit und Geist
    Green Island

• Found a bug, Sourcecode for 1.0.7 is not in the git so i cant fix it myself.

• Ich habe eine Frage über /ap (areaprotection).

Jeder Spieler kann mit /ap -> edit die Name von ein gesichertes Gebiet ändern. Auch wenn den Spieler kein Owner ist von dieses Gebiet. Ist das nicht ein fehler?

In die Anleitung steht:
    Edit Area allows to edit any area owned by the player. Server admins and managers (see below)
    own all areas, other players own only the areas they have been made owners of by an admin.

Schöne Grüssen

• Das Plugin hat allgemein einige Bugs. Zum Beispiel das manchmal die Spielerliste leer ist und man den Server dann neu starten muss.

The Plugin has several bugs in general. For example the player list that is sometimes empty and you have to restart the server to get it back...

Gamer aus Leidenschaft
    (Web) Entwickler aus Leidenschaft
    <3 Vater aus Leidenschaft <3
    (prio in aufsteigender Sortierung ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Entweder man macht etwas richtig oder lässt es bleiben!
    2. Egal wie lange etwas dauert, Hauptsache es wird fertig (irgendwann)
    ------------------------
    Discord: Devidian#1334

• In the last couple days i have noticed that when trying to create a new area, the red blocks will show up and move like they are supposed to but then for no reason they are gone while sizing the area. I have to start over and it will keep "crashing". anyone else seeing this?

• there are 2 red blocks you need to use. click once to place the first then click a second time in another place for the opposing cross corner before you size. to get the first block to move you will have to press the rt shift I believe . if not the rt , the lft shift is used but I believe it is the rt shift that is used now. This being the java version of AP I think it can still be done this way. It has been a long time since I messed with this plugin.

• I haven't tried that way yet but another thing I notice is that at lower left hand corner it says the area I spawned in at. Like "Maze" then when I go to another area, it lists the other area beside it like "Welcome Center | Maze" when I should only be one area listed. If I delete the plugin, will all areas I have already protected vanish? Or do I need to back up a file?

• those are the names of the areas you are in. If you are playing on a server owned by another player, you may need to get an admin to set you a claim. Try the show areas option in the gui and you will see all the other areas around. Again, I haven't messed with this in a while so I am just going by memory.

• those are the names of the areas you are in. If you are playing on a server owned by another player, you may need to get an admin to set you a claim. Try the show areas option in the gui and you will see all the other areas around. Again, I haven't messed with this in a while so I am just going by memory.

Yes, I am admin on my server. attached is an example. I logged in the game inside the Maze area. I roam around and no matter where I am at, it still says I am in the Maze area. I then go into another's claim and it is listed beside it. The two claims are not next to each other.

• the way that looks is 1 claim is inside the other, shure you didn't set a small part of the second area inside the other? turn areas on and have a good look. I am not shure what the privacy marking is. Think it has to do with other people's permissions in the area.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!