Temperate Climates & Effects

• If you press F3 when in-game we have a couple things in there that caught my attention. One of which was "water nearby" which you can follow to find a water source near you, the other is temperature. As we go out into different biomes or the weather changes I've noticed that the temperature goes up or down depending on the circumstances. This leaves me to wonder if hot, cold, wetness, freezing or exhaustion will play a part in the overhaul that's mentioned for disease, crop failure, spoilage and more? Not exactly sure what to say here as it does seem viable giving the circumstances. A while ago I remember I think it was @ArcticuKitsu I could be wrong or perhaps @Deirdre that was discussing this upcoming update in another thread. From the 3rd person perspective, climate & the effects on the environment around you will this all be included in the next update or a later one?

** Any idea how to switch the game from Celcius to Farenheit? I do not understand celsius.

• Well, it's something we all want so I'm curious if it'll be in the next update or if it'll be bug fixes instead. Maybe both? I'm a little bit off beat when it now comes to the next update with whatever it's releasing, just that we indeed shall have to take temperatures into account. Even how crops failing and such ruining our day...... I do hope fishing is a nice balance to that in that same update to crop failures. All those stuff in F3 probably a nice foundation for the things to come that you can see what Red51 has set in place to be set in motion :)

Also, I guess you'll have to learn Celsius by grabbing a thermometer to then use Google to translate between F & C :whistling:

• Well, it's something we all want so I'm curious if it'll be in the next update or if it'll be bug fixes instead. Maybe both? I'm a little bit off beat when it now comes to the next update with whatever it's releasing, just that we indeed shall have to take temperatures into account. Even how crops failing and such ruining our day...... I do hope fishing is a nice balance to that in that same update to crop failures. All those stuff in F3 probably a nice foundation for the things to come that you can see what Red51 has set in place to be set in motion :)

Also, I guess you'll have to learn Celsius by grabbing a thermometer to then use Google to translate between F & C :whistling:

I am hoping there's a way to change the temperature from celsius in the configurations later on. As of right now though there isn't. @PhartBlast ( Someone else loves the Tremors Movies ;) ) has an interesting concept, then again Concept is the original name of the game. In either case as you said @red51 does have a great foundation in place already. Not sure about the fishing and how it would work out.Will we see the fish swimming or will they be invisible like Minecraft used to be?

We never know but the subtle changes in temperature when entering water or different biomes or even going mining does bring to mind we will need to dress for the weather eventually. Then the next question comes to mind... How do you keep your house warm? Surely a single fireplace in the livingroom isn't going to heat the whole house not sure if I want to jamn a massive furnace in there just to keep warm. I sense seasons in the wind ;) ..

• Well, ... If there's a will there's a way to change it from C to F but that's also up to Red51 if he's able to change it.

I also laughed at PhartBlast's posting because that basically sums it up.

Not sure about the fishing and how it would work out.Will we see the fish swimming or will they be invisible like Minecraft used to be?

Going to have to wait and see what he shares. Fish were invisible, but they're now active in the waters that I'm curious to see how Red51 handles this.

Minecraft is now at a point people requested it to be that it's interesting. Red51 himself will have to tell us in some manner what to expect. I see we're both curious how many things work that I also can't wait to see what he implements.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!