Sleep is it really sleep?

• Ok I now sleeping sets a respawn place. It can change the time to daylight really fast if everyone on the server is asleep suddenly it is daylight.. but ... but the Weather does not change.. go to sleep dark and raining .. wake up light and raining. ?(

• Yeah, unfortunately it only affects the time of day... so neither the weather nor other things (like crops) are affected by this. Probably we will change it so at least things like weather will be affected ;)

• What I loved about 'Ylands' was that you could sleep the night away that you can even tell when a storm Came and went. Storms are genuinely scary in Ylands that if Rising World ever gets to that point we should also be able to skip weather types that happen at night. Red51, if you're ever stuck on how to handle boats & weather just look at Ylands so we can make Rising World an awesome game :D

Just hop in a bed to pass time while also hearing storms come and go with a brief 1 second sound-effect of wind howling. I guess I could mention Minecraft also that if it rains during sunset you can happily sleep the rain away in Minecraft :whistling:

• It would be handy if sleep felt more like time passed, I'd think veggie and tree growth time should then be expanded to be more realistic.

• It would be handy if sleep felt more like time passed, I'd think veggie and tree growth time should then be expanded to be more realistic.

I also would like to see veggie and tree growth while we sleep, as in single player it takes ages for trees to grow and I would like to see them grow after we sleep :)

• Im not entirely sure but I don't want to wait several hours for trees to grow before I can chop them down again. Now thinking about it more, the veggie growth is spot on how ever its the trees that are my main concern perhaps maybe 4-5 game days for them to grow? Think this requires more input.

• Im not entirely sure but I don't want to wait several hours for trees to grow before I can chop them down again. Now thinking about it more, the veggie growth is spot on how ever its the trees that are my main concern perhaps maybe 4-5 game days for them to grow? Think this requires more input.

Sort of bending the reality here. why not just go into creative mode if they are that important.. part of the survival part is being conservative in areas of fewer trees or culture them in a farm.

• Sort of bending the reality here. why not just go into creative mode if they are that important.. part of the survival part is being conservative in areas of fewer trees or culture them in a farm.

yea I guess it is bending reality a little, and I get that some people want reality and I do to from time to time. Its not that important to me. I was just suggesting that the time they take to grow be less or make it an option to change the speed of their growth that is all. :)

• Tree farms really don't make sense come to think of it. Veggies should probably be like 42 real life hours / 60 in game days or something like that but that would be boring. Game balance is hard.

• When I was a kid in Wyoming, we had to hitch two teams to a large wagon and load it with a two weeks' supply of food and several 5.5 foot crosscut saws. We spent 5 days travelling to the mountains to cut wood and 2 days intense days felling and bucking trees. Then it was a 7 day ride back home with wood enough to last the winter and beyond. A small sod house built partway into the ground stays warm without needing to burn much wood.
    Those were fun times and I think the game is more enjoyable when I actually have to travel to cut wood because all the local wood is gone. Imagine if real trees grew in a few days. We could have had a small woodlot and not had to travel to garner our wood supply. I would have missed out on those enjoyable woodcutting excursions.
    I know this is a game and therefore it cannot be just like real life. But with an endless world and a huge inventory, there is no need for trees to grow nearly as quickly as they do right now. Having said that, it would be best if there was a way to set a growth timer.

• When I was a kid in Wyoming, we had to hitch two teams to a large wagon and load it with a two weeks' supply of food and several 5.5 foot crosscut saws. We spent 5 days travelling to the mountains to cut wood and 2 days intense days felling and bucking trees. Then it was a 7 day ride back home with wood enough to last the winter and beyond. A small sod house built partway into the ground stays warm without needing to burn much wood.
    Those were fun times and I think the game is more enjoyable when I actually have to travel to cut wood because all the local wood is gone. Imagine if real trees grew in a few days. We could have had a small woodlot and not had to travel to garner our wood supply. I would have missed out on those enjoyable woodcutting excursions.
    I know this is a game and therefore it cannot be just like real life. But with an endless world and a huge inventory, there is no need for trees to grow nearly as quickly as they do right now. Having said that, it would be best if there was a way to set a growth timer.

When I was a kid in Wyoming I was loaded up in the back of my family's station wagon along with camping and food for a week as part of an Nuclear Attack evacuation exercise conducted in Laramie. I have a picture of me in the mountains holding a sign. "We will survive will you". My how times seem to be repeating themselves.

But don't worry you can dig a hole in Rising World and live it in. :S

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!