Rising World vs similar Games

• Hi Rising World Community,
    can you help me to decide whether to play Rising World or not?
    I dont have much time for gaming so I would like to make a good invest.
    I played minecraft before and like those games.
    I was watching a lot videos about Rising World and Life is Feudal and I got stuck between these two games.

• Hi Rising World Community,
    can you help me to decide whether to play Rising World or not?
    I dont have much time for gaming so I would like to make a good invest.
    I played minecraft before and like those games.
    I was watching a lot videos about Rising World and Life is Feudal and I got stuck between these two games.

Hi there, I never played minecraft. Rising world was my first survival game and WOW! I was instantly hooked to it. The game is early in early access so many features are still missing but the developer is active and engages with the great community that this game has created. I would highly recommend Rising world and I personally feel that it is really under priced for what you get.

Hope this helps :)

• I never play MC because I dont like the grafics. Then I found RW and it is fantastic. As other palyers already said the community is involved, many cool features are planned. In expectation of the features the price is "nothing". Cooking, breeding etc will come. There are so many opportunities in the future. RW is one of best games i have ever played, and its still in progress. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND BUY IT :D:D:D

• I agree to what the others say :) For me, Rising World was the best experience in survival games. It is true that some aspects are still under construction, but the developer is intensively working on it. Yes, he is alone working on it, but hey, the developer of the game called "Real World" where we live in was creating it alone, too ;):P

My recommendation is to buy it now and if you dont like it, KEEP it and check later if you like it better then! :thumbsup: It is very very cheap for what it offers now.

If you like to build buildings, you will LOVE Rising World! People share very often what they build in the section "Blueprints" of this forum. Take a look at what they did. You can use those blueprints freely and do changes or adaptions whatever you like. Or start building from scratch. If you do it in creative mode, you can fly around and above the buildings to see all details you need.

Or do it like I did - wander around, find ores, find abandoned huts, dig into the ground until you find the hell (yes, a hell really exists here). Or stop at the next dungeon which you will find wandering or digging. Explore the dungeons, find the treasure chests.

Fiddle with animals if you like hunting ... or ... or ... or! There is so much you can do in an endless world. You can play alone (Singleplayer mode) or with others (select one of the player-made servers or check them all)

I cannot compare with minecraft or Life is Feudal, never played one of them.

So play Rising World, YES! :D

• well, it's great...but still not "survival" :P

lol play in survival mode and do some handshake with 10 different bears ... do you survive that without godmode? :P;)

True, survival part is still under construction, but please keep in mind that the game is still "Early Access"!

• Rising World is an amazing game concept. The developers have constructed it really well. I've played other similar games but JIW Games have absolutely nailed the building mechanics - it's so intuitively obvious you can't flaw it. Some of the builds you see on the public servers are owe inspiring. . . and all made "by hand" block by block, plank by plank.

I have great respect for the game developers, the artistic builders, the survivors, server owners, and plugin developers.

All said, it's a great game and a great community, for which I'm proud to be part of (my only regret is it took me so long to discover this game!). :D

• I haven't played Life is Feudal, but it's similar to Ark Survival Evolved, which according to Steam, I've played for 2100 hours. I've played Minecraft a lot more (since beta). I've only played Rising World for 4 days. Instead of LIF, my comments relate to Ark.

In a nutshell: Rising World is more like Minecraft than Ark, but I'm pretty sure the reasons are similar for LIF. You said you don't have much time for gaming. Ark takes a lot of time. While you can play Ark in single player mode, you won't be able to access much of its content unless playing with other people or use cheats (which is perfectly ok and readily available in the base game, similar to Rising World/Minecraft creative mode, plus lots of mods are available to make Ark more pleasant). LIF is similar in its dependency upon multiplayer.

If you play on a server that you don't control and can't log in for awhile, bad things happen. In Ark, your power is hugely vested in the dinosaurs you've tamed, and they will die if not routinely fed. LIF sounds the same: https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/1470841715960016305/. We run 3 Ark servers, but still have to log in to tend our critters every few days, at 6 different locations spread over 3 servers (they are linked and so we can teleport between them, at specific locations), which are necessary for strategic reasons. Sure, we can shut the servers down and things would be fine, but not nice to other players.

No such worries in RW so far, in fact, quite the opposite. We're running a dedicated server, which was a huge pain in the butt due to it requiring Steam CMD (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD), but after reading the huge wall of text I decided I'd forego RW until another day until I got to the part about SteamCMD GUI, and it was cake after years of running a Minecraft server (if the RW devs can do something to prevent requiring Steam, it would be a huge plus. Although I have a Steam account, I bought RW here,despite it cost more - I hate Steam that much. Then to be forced back to Steam to run a dedicated server was seriously annoying, and made a lot more complicated than it needs to be, because Steam. But the tutorial here for how to do it was excellent.

The server is running while I type, growing things and stuff, unlike Minecraft if the chunk isn't loaded (we're still near the spawn point, so that might change once we move out) and doesn't require me to log in to make sure everything is all right.

Playing in single player mode must be even easier, which I'm sure is not true of Ark, and suspect LIF is worse.

I must say though, that the only reason I bought RW is it's the closest thing to EQ Landmark I could find, and am very happy with it (because all I want to do right now is build), i.e., I'd describe it as a Minecraft plus Landmark, and pretty much nothing like Ark, except they're both about survival.

• I don't think Rising World is anything like Life Is Feudal, which is more like Banished. I'm pretty obsessed with this genre of games, and games like Rising World include The Forest, Subsistence, 7 days to die, Conan Exiles. Survival/crafting/open world kinda games. Actually Don't Starve might be included as well, although it has a very unique art style. (There are others but these are the ones I've played.)

Which one you like more really depends on your play style, all of these games have varying levels of danger and I think this game (Rising World) is definitely the one with the least resistance and the least amount of "Survival" elements. I also think its the least finished of all the games I've listed above. Right now I'm really enjoying 7 Days, but I play with a friend. If you're going to play alone, I'd recommend The Forest, Conan Exiles or Don't Starve because those games are pretty polished.

The #1 game I'd recommend is The Forest because it's excellent. It's very immersive, when you're in the forest you can almost feel the wind in your face and smell the grass, because the ambient sounds and lighting are just amazing. And the animation (idk if thats the right term), the way the grass and trees move, is very natural. You can play any way you want. If you don't want to deal with terrifying cannibals you can make them only come out at night, or you can eliminate them completely playing in "peaceful" mode. Or you can increase the danger and make them more difficult. If you don't have much time to play and you like this genre of games, I would be very surprised if you didn't love The Forest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!