Issue with game not starting and my resolution

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Today I downloaded Rising World and was excited to run it only to have it shut down and refuse to reopen after changing some of the settings; specifically I changed the resolution to 4k (I have a 4k monitor) and then set it to full screen. My indications when starting the game either from Steam or from the .exe files were the windows working mouse for a moment and a small what looked like an old dos prompt window opening in the corner of the screen and then disappearing. Rising Wolrd was not showing up as an open program or a running process. After digging around I found the error log and it stated it was unable to find fullscreen display mode matching settings... I opened up the config.properties file using notepad and changed 'graphic_fullscreen=true' to 'graphic_fullscreen=false'. It started up like a champ! I haven't tried any other resolution and fullscreen combinations yet but I hope this helps if anyone else is having issues with the game not starting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!