Permissions - Groups

• There seems to be a disconnect between permissions and groups. People are not moving into groups either even though it is set in the properties files and they are showing in the World Database in that group. The only time is worked was when the routine autolevel put theme there but I have stopped using that.

My permissions are not stopping people from digging in the are in a certain group.

world:
    destroyterrain: false
    placevegetations: true

is not working nor is

world:
    deny:
    - destroyterrain:
    allow:

- placevegetations:

Does it have to be typed exactly as it is in the Permissions tab online?

• Some sort of weird programming thing going on. If I get my old .permission files and put them and then use the following it works

world:
    deny:
    - destroyterrain:

but I have to cut and paste the name from the file name into the permissions in the properties files. I guess if you have a typo any sense in these files they don't work and don't tell you why. Not sure if it is the number or whatever it wont take Famer1, 2, 3 etc. for group names.

This means you have to hand type ever single permissions files for groups .. cut and paste does not work.. Also I used Notepad and saved not save as... Notepad 3++ seems to mess up the files.

• can you upload the permissions file, without it we can't really help you here :/

btw if you do:

Code
    world:
    deny:
    - destroyterrain
    allow:

then the allow all (*) overwrites your deny so they can do the "destroyterrain" action. To avoid that you need to do it like this:

Code
    world:
    allow:
    deny:
    - destroyterrain
  • Ok two things. Apparently group permissions do not appear to allow numbers in the name.

The second thing is that if I use Notepad ++ I have to turn on YAML for the language or it corrupts the file somehow and it is not taken. I went back to some older files that did work and editted them now they work correctly. Some syntax error in the file i guess...

I seem to have to working for one group without a number in the name. name1.permission name2.permissions does not seem to work. If you can confirm this it would end that mystery.

Thanks for responding . I just got it working and came back to let everyone off the hook ...but you beat me

I hope this thread helps the next guy .

• Are you using windows? if yes then Notepad++ adds two characters to signify the end of line this is most likely the problem, if you change the end of line delimiter to the Unix one only then it should work.

about the numbers I don't really know I would have to test to check it out

• ok if I use Notepad++ and set it to YAML it edits it ok. But I have to go back to an uncorrupted file and redo them .. cut and paste seems to work ok .. so not a huge deal.

The number thing is not an issue. I managed to just test it on my test server and it works.. :whistling:X/

basically I have several routines around the numbers I did not want to rewrite.. so that is good thing... that is an unseeable syntax error in the permissions files

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!