Fatal error - crash

• Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9.3.3_39 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, GL502VMK, 12240 MB (4225 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 20170607000000.000000-000 22.21.13.8253
    at com.jme3.util.NativeObjectManager.deleteUnused(NativeObjectManager.java:188)
    at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.postFrame(GLRenderer.java:939)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:189)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:198)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• A fatal error occurred.You find the error details below.
    You an either post this error in our forums, or send it via mail to support @jiw-games.net

Windows 7 (x64) 6.1Java: 1.8.0_181 amd64 0.9.3.3_39
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Z97 Extreme6, 16331 MB (1037 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 20180103000000.000000-000 23.21.13.9065

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,6,main]
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This NativeObject is not registered in this NativeObjectManager
    at com.jme3.util.NativeObjectManager.deleteNativeObject(NativeObjectManager.java:136)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:189)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)

• And again.

After days with no issues. However, I was doing something different than I had been. I had been building, staying close to one location, on a dedicated server, also running on my PC. The crashes occurred while out exploring in creative mode and flying (single player mode), i.e., loading a lot of chunks relatively quickly and not stopping, so probably a memory issue?

I notice that RW runs with only 1 GB memory allocated. I assume we can allocate more by the same methods Minecraft did before they implemented the function in its launcher?

Windows 7 (x64) 6.1Java: 1.8.0_181 amd64 0.9.3.3_39
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Z97 Extreme6, 16331 MB (1037 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 20180103000000.000000-000 23.21.13.9065

• @Liralen: If you use the standalone, it's indeed necessary to allocate the memory manually. You can find a modified game exe attached which allocates 6 GB of RAM (3 GB Heap and 3 GB Direct memory) automatically ;)

About the error: it's possible that it's related to the memory, but it looks like it mainly happens in multiplayer. Did it also happen in multiplayer in your case @thomasvitrano87?

• That worked, thanks much! I replicated the same circumstances where it used to crash (flying around in creative solo mode over long distances) for much longer than when the crash would occur with 1 GB allocated.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've been happily playing on the survival server where this problem has not occurred, probably because I can't get around as fast.

You've made a great game, one that I've been searching for, and I really love it. Thanks again!

• That worked, thanks much! I replicated the same circumstances where it used to crash (flying around in creative solo mode over long distances) for much longer than when the crash would occur with 1 GB allocated.

Glad to hear the crash occurs less frequently now :) Is there a way to reproduce it? You said it happens when flying around over long distances, does it just crash randomly, or at specific locations (e.g. when returning to your base, visiting a town etc)?

@red51 Yes this fatal error has only been a problem in multiplayer. So with this standalone file, just place it in the main RW folder?

The standalone file isn't compatible with the Steam version. More precisely, it's not required, since the Steam version handles memory allocation automatically. You can override the memory allocation by setting up a launch option (e.g. +memory 4096 4096), but that's usually not required.
    Actually it seems that the error isn't memory-related. Even though this crash apparently occurs more frequently if there isn't enough memory available, but the issue seems to be caused by something else :huh: Do you have a way to reproduce this crash? E.g. does it always happen in a specific situation?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!