Permissions help

• what do I need to input to make things for me (admin) true ie: invulnerable, no hunger/thirst, no fall damage, keep inventory?

ive tried:

general:
    fly: true (that works)
    invulnerable: true (doesnt work)
    keepinventory: true (doesnt work)
    nofalldamage: true (doesnt work)
    nohungerthirst: true (doesnt work)

2nd try:

general:
    allow:
    - * (doesnt work)

and yes this is in the admin group folder. sorry if this has been asked to death but im a newbie in the server admin world lol. thank you for any help.

• which thread is that? sorry I cannot find it. and I will definitely come join :)

• ok, I found the thread....now my question is, how do I add myself to the admin group? I tried using the setplayergroup command but then it tells me group admin not found....

• If you get the response "group not found", there is either no "admin" permission in the groups folder, or it contains syntax errors so the server could not load the permission. In this case you will see an error in the server log.
    Maybe upload the "admin.permissions" file here, that's the easiest way to find out if there is something wrong with it :)

• ok, here is how i have it now, and yes I restarted the server each time I attempted to make changes. also, I left the settings_admin_allpermissions=true when I tried to add myself to the admin group....do I need to make that false first?

• Thanks for uploading the file :) Unfortunately there are some minor issues in this file which prevents the server from loading these permissions...
    In line 13, the - all commands does not work. If you want to allow all commands, you have to use the wildcard character (*), for example:

Code
    commands:
    allow:

The "general" permissions - on the other hand - do not support a "allow/deny" structure, instead you have to specify the particular permission keys explicitly, e.g.:

Code
    general:
    fly: true
    pvp: false
    invulnerable: false

Another small problem is in line 23, there is a space missing between "-" and "*" (I know, this looks like nitpicking, but unfortunately yaml is very strict about the syntax), so it should look like this:

Code
    creative:
    allow:

You find more information about the permissions in this topic: Permission system

About the setting "settings_admin_allpermissions" in the server.properties file: If it's set to true, it means that owners/admins (i.e. all players which are set up as "admin" in the server.properties file) are not affected by permissions, they always have full access to all commands etc. If you set it to false, owners/admins will be treated like all other players, i.e. it depends on which permission group they're assigned to.

• About the setting "settings_admin_allpermissions" in the server.properties file: If it's set to true, it means that owners/admins (i.e. all players which are set up as "admin" in the server.properties file) are not affected by permissions, they always have full access to all commands etc. If you set it to false, owners/admins will be treated like all other players, i.e. it depends on which permission group they're assigned to.

just a small comment from my side, if you need the keep inventory permission as true then you must set settings_admin_allpermissions to false as the server overwrites it to false by default

• thankyou guys very much for the help! I finally got it working lol however, I have one more question, is there a way to set it so just myself enters the server in creative mode?

• Glad to hear it works now :)

I have one more question, is there a way to set it so just myself enters the server in creative mode?

You could disable all creative permissions in the "default.permissions" file. This file is the "base permission", i.e. it basically affects every player (group permissions inherit the default.permissions). So the "creative" section in the default.permissions file could look like this:

Code
    creative:
    deny:

Now you could allow all creative permissions for the "admin.permissions", for example. As mentioned, the group permissions inherit the default.permissions, but can still override individual permissions. In this case, you could allow all creative-related permissions, so put this in your admin.permissions file (or more precisely, replace the current "creative" part in your permission file with this snippet):

Code
    creative:
    allow:

As a result, only members of the permission group "admin" are allowed to access the creative mode ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!