Ore detector?

• I'm not really sure where to put this, I don't think its a suggestion or a bug. The ore detector seems to be pretty hit or miss, a lot of times it sends me on a wild goose chase in search of an ore I never find. I aim it in a direction, it shows green and beeps, I drill in the exact area without moving the mouse, aim the detector again and the green light is gone. I move it around some more, it points me in a different direction. Seems like it really needs some work.

• that has never been reported before :/ are you sure you didn't mine the ore by accident or you didn't change the ore type the detector is looking for?

Could you post a video of it for us to see what exactly is going on?

• Ores in the game can be tricky. Are you also watching the needle to ascertain the range of the deposit ? And yes, it is very easy to go "off beam" too. The thing is, you are looking for a deposit in three dimensions. You many be close to it on say, X axis, but still be off on the Y and Z axis, so the detector is not misleading you. Another thing, you can mine out a deposit, with no visible ore left but still get a hit on the detector. If the ore is rare enough, or you just have time to waste, you can refill the hole with stone and some of the ore will reappear which you can mine. Then you can use the detector to see if you got it all. Red51 explained that, the way the ore is currently, it is almost impossible to get it all on the first go.

• What PrincessGoddammit wrote is entirely correct. The ore detector works like a charm. I quit using it because it is just too easy. Mining is very fast even with the pick so I do not use the power drill either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!