Part Time Error

• Any ideas of the danger of this error .. Rebooted my client and relogged in it logged on but it took a restart and two log on attempts that stopped at 10percent then about 24 percent this error showed up. The third time it loaded and everything seemed normal. Is this a server issue or client side?

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
    at java.nio.Bits.reserveMemory(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
    at com.jme3.util.ReflectionAllocator.allocate(ReflectionAllocator.java:174)
    at com.jme3.util.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:1000)
    at com.jme3.texture.plugins.DDSLoader.readDXT2D(DDSLoader.java:549)
    at com.jme3.texture.plugins.DDSLoader.readData(DDSLoader.java:766)
    at com.jme3.texture.plugins.DDSLoader.load(DDSLoader.java:135)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadLocatedAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:259)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:373)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadTexture(DesktopAssetManager.java:390)
    at content.Materials.loadTexture(SourceFile:1409)
    at content.Materials.loadTexture(SourceFile:1386)
    at content.Materials.loadTexture(SourceFile:1382)
    at w.b.update(SourceFile:301)
    at w.i.d(SourceFile:714)
    at w.i.update(SourceFile:526)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:342)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:198)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Sorry for the late response! =O This error indicates that the game ran out of memory. Maybe you can post the full log here or alternatively upload the "errorlog" file (which can be found in your game directory), it provides more information about how much memory was actually allocated etc.

If you don't want to upload the file here, you can also send me a PM or send it via email to support@jiw-games.net;)

• So I have to buy more memory for my commercial server?

This error happend on the client, so it's not related to the server. But it doesn't necessarily mean that your computer needs more memory, there could be many other reasons why this error occurred (not enough memory allocated by the game, or a plugin that used too big images, or a bug in the game etc).

Please send us the errorlog, it will provide more information about what was going on there exactly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!