SQL lite vs MySQL on commercial Servers

• Ok I was searching on DB issues and found a thread where they provided a routine to change SQL Lite to MySQL. The discussion indicated that for multiplayer it was better to run My SQL over SQL Lite.

My question is that my Commercial Server runs SQL Lite returns when I query it for DB type. So do I lobby my provider to get me MySQL or is there something I am missing here? 8|

• Ok I was searching on DB issues and found a thread where they provided a routine to change SQL Lite to MySQL. The discussion indicated that for multiplayer it was better to run My SQL over SQL Lite.

Which other thread? could you provide a link for me to see what was said exactly?

My question is that my Commercial Server runs SQL Lite returns when I query it for DB type. So do I lobby my provider to get me MySQL or is there something I am missing here?

I know Nitrado for example do provide us with a MySQL database by default but ofc we can choose if we use it or not. We had to set it up ourselves else our server used an SQLite one (i.e. the Rising World default)

The main difference between the two is that MySQL supports many concurrent connections while SQLite does not thus MySQL is obviously better suited for multiplayer.

PS: it is "SQLite" not "SQL Lite"

• Which other thread? could you provide a link for me to see what was said exactly?

I know Nitrado for example do provide us with a MySQL database by default but ofc we can choose if we use it or not. We had to set it up ourselves else our server used an SQLite one (i.e. the Rising World default)
    The main difference between the two is that MySQL supports many concurrent connections while SQLite does not thus MySQL is obviously better suited for multiplayer.

PS: it is "SQLite" not "SQL Lite"

Ok thanks .I am going to ask for that to try or change my server too many crashes.. as for the PS .. semantic semantics.. I bet if you pronounce it you use two Ls.

• yep ask your provider and see what they tell you and how they can accommodate you :)

I bet if you pronounce it you use two Ls.

yep you do pronounce it either "es que el lite" or "sequel lite" :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!