maps problem

• So i have a desktop pc that I play most of the time, But i work out of town so i got a laptop. When Im on my laptop my map does not show all the uncovered areas like when Im on my desktop.
    It would be nice if i had the same map on what ever pc i log into. It sucks having to uncover all the areas again.

• So i have a desktop pc that I play most of the time, But i work out of town so i got a laptop. When Im on my laptop my map does not show all the uncovered areas like when Im on my desktop.
    It would be nice if i had the same map on what ever pc i log into. It sucks having to uncover all the areas again.

different seeds have different maps.

• @sharkbitefischer steam cloud synchs worlds between devices but it doesn't synch maps

• all I was saying is if he was playing on a server with a different seed it would need to uncover a new map. He can take his old map from his single player and copy all the data to his online map folder and he will have his offline maps in his online game as long as he is using the same seed. If the seed is different, the map will be wrong. You also have to do this if your online server changes names in the server list. It will reset your maps if you change the server's names. To get them back do as above. Find the folder with all your maps in it and rename it to the new folder's name or copy all the map files over to the new folder. I have done this many times over the last year and now have about 4.83 gig of map files.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!