Grid Suggestion

• I have not seen anything on this, but a mere suggestion:
    Would it be possible to incorporate a "finer" grid system in conjunction with the current system that allows a grid to be placed on and with a specific part of a construction element or group of elements?
    Explanation:
    Let's say i am using both blocks and PnB, I built a square column with blocks and used the standard grid to place planks and beams between these columns to make walls, no problems so far - easily done with current system.
    Now I need to place windows and i want them to line up at specific areas along the plank and beam walls, which can be done with trial and error through the ACS, but is fairly time consuming and tedious. Being able to place a grid on a single beam to line up specifically at edges, centered or off centered to that one beam would allow for more detailed areas to be created as opposed to everything "lining up" together - It makes creating patterns and designs simpler and quicker as opposed to the tedious work of doing each window/door (or whatever else) individually.

• Use the + - keys as spunky linked.

You can also use this in conjunction with the setp command (set precision). Such as

setp veryhigh

And back again with setp default

The shift key (think that's the one - I'm on my phone right now) will lock an object so you can move it and check reference view points.

There are a bunch of excellent videos on YouTube explaining 'advanced' RW building mechanics.

Hope that helps.

• Yes, Thank You But I already know how to use this, what i am getting at is basically a more precise way then just "eyeballing" it - a faster way. Using the advanced Construction System is awesome, but it is tedious and time consuming when it comes to details. Maybe just a way to snap to edges side by side (not just hitting "Enter" / "Return" Key to snap to center) But being able to line up pieces edge to edge through a snap-grid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!