September 2018 Update - Back Up Your Worlds

• So I am writing this in hopes I can hear from other Rising World fans out there and possibly even @red51 . This game is in Early Access and as it develops we will at times have to create a new world because of specific changes to the way the game has changed. In November of 2017 we had an update that caused many afflictions to some of our worlds. We had to start new ones which really isn't much of a problem now that we have mining drill a couple hours in creative and we have it all back. The reason I am writing this is because we have no idea what is coming in this next update. It's going to be quite the surprise for many of us but for some reason I feel the urge to reach out to all my fellow Rising World fans and remind you to "Back Up Your Worlds!" No I am not shouting at you just a friendly reminder that this game is still in Early Access. Which means there will be bugs, there will be world corruption and most importantly to be patient. I love this game just as much as you do and when things don't go right, your world decides to split in half, turn upside down or spawn an ocean above your ahead at least you have a back up save.

In the case that your world does become corrupted please don't flop around like a fish out of water and do the hoke poke wailing like a ghost. Instead take some time to calm down, then delete your save and go make a copy of your backup and paste it in your worlds folder then load it again. If it fails keep trying or rollback your version using the rising world / properties / beta's / "select your version". Then make sure your save is okay and load the game. There should be a version of every update of this game in the rising world / steam / properties folder if there isn't then come back here and leave a message so some one else could assist you.

Once Again everyone I must insist that you *Back Up Your Saves* before this update rolls out. Thank you.

~ Friendly Neighborhood Hermithood
    David

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!