Request from a customer

• English

We've posted an important announcement regarding the current situation and the future of the game: Announcement

• Request from a customer

Hello, everyone :) It's been so long since I've uploaded anything; I hope I got it right. A few of my customers have begged me to put a few of my houses up, and to be honest, I don't know why. This house took no skill to make, and took me no more that ten minutes to do. The thinking behind it: I have no clue how complex npcs will be. Will they even claim houses? If so, will it be like Terraria, where houses have to meet certain criteria and have certain amenities? Will they be able to get sick, hungry, etc? Will they be able to ride horses and cars? Will they use a pool, or even care that they own one? So, with all of these unknown variables, I just started making bare-boned houses for filler and then froze an npc or two on lawns/in houses. I don't like doing ornamental things with pnb anyway, because there's a chance that we'll get a functional counterpart in time anyway. Fridges for example: I know we're getting circuitry in time, and i think something was said on the Steam forum about food spoilage, so I think it might be reasonable to assume that we get fridges somewhere down the road. So, I don't to place a complex fridge made out of a million little boards and planks that I have to plink away in the future; that's a pain in the butt. So, what you get is exactly what you see; a block house with a series of windows and normal window panes in the front and a main entrance on the side that I used resized glass blocks for. Yawn! But this is what a few customers requested, so here it is.
      Images
      • 20180925084839_1.jpg

301.32 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 315 times
      • 20180925084904_1.jpg

357.86 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 247 times
      Files
    • Hi. I don't often reply much any more, as I don't often come here. As far as "hope it ok", well.... kind of. On the technical side, it won't glitch out on you, as I only build with blocks. I'm just not a fan of planks and boards, as they often flicker and glitch out on me, especially if they overlap. As far as functionality, this isn't much in the way of a home, being that it's only one room and has no amenities like bathrooms, etc. What I like to do with this one is attach a bathroom and parking lot and use it as a small shop.

As far as "I just started playing", welcome to the game :) There are very few games that I've sunk several thousand hours in, and virtually no early access games; Rising World is an exception and on the very top of my favorites list.
    • Ryan wrote:

Hi. I don't often reply much any more, as I don't often come here. As far as "hope it ok", well.... kind of. On the technical side, it won't glitch out on you, as I only build with blocks. I'm just not a fan of planks and boards, as they often flicker and glitch out on me, especially if they overlap. As far as functionality, this isn't much in the way of a home, being that it's only one room and has no amenities like bathrooms, etc. What I like to do with this one is attach a bathroom and parking lot and use it as a small shop.
      You can avoid flickering in the config properties by changing "graphic depth buffer" into true.
    • Sheeba wrote:

I Deidre, I at times also have the flickering but cannot find where the config properties are. Can you please explain? Many thanks
      The config prop is in your steam folder.
      steamapps > common > RisingWorld - config (I opened it with a text editor)

graphic_logarithmic_depthbuffer=true

For me it's ok to work with these settings. :) If you build balls and build with overlapping parts, the flickering is normal, but reduced.
    • Users Online 2

2 Guests