Changelog 2018-09-26: Fishing, boats and more!

• @red51 you make me worry. In what way does the steam thing effect rw development that drastically that even current and already work in progress patches get delayed?

I read it's mostly the amount of visits that got effected. Can we push it again somehow?

If it's sales, maybe some promotions would be good?

You have the backup of the rw community. I'm sure there isa solution

• @red51 you make me worry. In what way does the steam thing effect rw development that drastically that even current and already work in progress patches get delayed?

I read it's mostly the amount of visits that got effected. Can we push it again somehow?

The changes affect the visibility on Steam, resulting in a huge traffic/visits drop for Rising World. As a result, sales are abysmally low now. It looks like Steam is now mainly promoting topsellers. There is no real answer from Valve regarding this issue, so it might be a bug, but the problem has been going on for more than two months now...

However, we still have to wait a few more weeks to see if the traffic recovers. In the worst case scenario, we have a "plan B" (no matter what happens, development of RW will definitely continue) ;)

• That's awful. I can't imagine steam intends to go that way. They probably just want to avoid someone calls them responsible for loss of theoretical sales and hence don't give any clear answer.
    But maybe it's time to think about merchandising again? Ads on websites, community supported posts on forums, etc.

A tag on Google for i e. Minecraft alternatives should surely bring yor sales up

• I'm not confident it is a 'bug' as Valve claims. This is a pattern with big corporations only being focused on the bottom line and stifling the little guy in the process. It makes logical sense they would change the algorithm to prefer top sellers and AAA titles, seeing they get a HUGE cut out of all sales (and these AAAs have big marketing budgets, so Steam knows they will sell). RW is not the only indie game affected, many other devs are complaining about the same thing. It's awful, hurting the indie base when the best games come from these independent developers.

I hope I am wrong, but I smell corporate rats. @red time to consider alternate distribution sources like these, and I believe Discord is getting into the business as well. https://www.howtogeek.com/3004…or-buying-cheap-pc-games/

A few of us could help some with youtube videos and fan sites perhaps. Steam needs to be dethroned.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Добрый день. Когда игра по плану будет готовить еду и портить продукты, инструменты? Поблагодарить.
    Добрый день. Хотите сделать что-нибудь новое? Спросите у себя план действий и информацию о продукте и Werkzeuge Verderben? Danke.

(google translat ) :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!