Changelog 2018-09-26: Fishing, boats and more!

• Yay! We got boats.

First, thanks @red51 for the update. So many new things to discover. Right away I built a boat.

A few observations/requests. I was anxious for boats as I just built a fishing village. It took a few minutes to figure out how to row the boat and steer it. Right now head movement—moving the mouse doesn't steer, but I gather in the future it will.

We can't fish from the boat? This seems an oversight. Hopefully one that will get fixed. Actually shooting from horseback falls in this category too.

When getting out of the boat, the boat sinks, as do you! The boat rises back up, but you don't unless you are on shore. This proved a problem for me, as no matter how I tried to jump to the dock, I could not. I always just sink. The only way I can get out of the boat is to run it ashore on a sloping beach. Then you can hop out, but the boat seems slip back away from the shore a bit. If you go to a shore that isn't a slope (water over your head) you will still sink. So, if it can be made so that you can target the spot you want to jump out to with your mouse then hit escape to hop on shore or dock, that would do it.

Devising rope in the game would be cool too, so we can tie up a boat, or a horse! Oh, also can we get reverse with the horses and boats? Both can back up in real life.

Overall, great update. Thanks!

• I am attaching the log, if you inspect, you will see a lot of repeats toward the end especially like: "START 11 54 14 STEP BACK START 11 55 14 STEP BACK"

Thanks for the log :) As @yahwho mentioned, this is a debug output we forgot to remove prior release. Unfortunately it can have a massive impact on performance, especially when doing lots of terrain modifications (which result in this output). The next hotfix will fix this issue, probably the hotfix will be ready tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Is there a way of viewing seeds in game like on the pause menu or something? if not maybe a suggestion.

You mean when playing on multiplayer servers? The seed for singleplayer worlds is visible in the world selection menu. I'm not sure about the multiplayer seeds... originally it was our intention to keep this seed "private" so other people cannot find out which seed a server uses oO

It hasn't been added into the inventory at all that I'm assuming it either A) Disappeared, or B) Turned into a Plaice, or whatever you call it. Never did get the one from the clip you've seen

Most likely it disappeared 8| Still strange... please let me know if you experience this issue again

We can't fish from the boat? This seems an oversight. Hopefully one that will get fixed. Actually shooting from horseback falls in this category too.

No, unfortunately you cannot fish from boats. It's indeed the same limitation which prevents you from using weapons while riding mounts, or using items while sitting on a chair. Changing this requires quite some work, it's definitely on our list, but unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet...

I tried to jump to the dock, I could not. I always just sink

Yeah, unfortunately it's sometimes still tricky to get out of the water... this will be fixed in the near future. The easiest way right now is exiting the boat (you should be on top of the boat then), and jump straight to the dock. If you fall into the water, just enter the boat and try again. I know, this is a pretty awkward solution, but unfortunately the only workaround atm :|

Devising rope in the game would be cool too, so we can tie up a boat, or a horse! Oh, also can we get reverse with the horses and boats? Both can back up in real life.

Ropes are planned, but unfortunately I can't say much about how versatile they will be^^

the "RP" command seems to be broken

Yes, unfortunately this is a bug, this will be fixed with the next hotfix ;)

• [Change] Command "editconstruction" can also be used to change texture of blocks
      Can someone explain to me how this works, i typed it on console but still can figure it out how to use it.
  • Hey red, i find this bit annoying but. In creative mode you are affected by weather things. im trying to build in the rain and my character is shivering wich is annoying in creative. and for some wierd reason the log/planks etc do not snap anymore for me (enter key).

Great update otherwise :)

• I had a very good session with Maiya today (a new member to the community) that it's been a blast. Showed her how to play Rising World while assisting her in settling into Rising World. It's been a blast.

- Shivering in the rain while wearing a mining helmet and iron armour. I was idling trying to add Maiya onto the serve when it started to rain, catching me off guard that I had to hastefully make a campfire while partially panicking. I was actually panicking that it was amusing I was trying to make my fishing hut:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/WittyAbstruseCookieKevinTurtle

- Fighting Tigers feels like you're fighting with gangsters, especially when you have a rookie player. Hard to tell if muskets have been nerfed, just that this was a crazy battle. This was madness:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamySavoryBeanGrammarKing

- Karma for cheating a bear:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/Glamor…geticRhinocerosRaccAttack

6 hours of fun that I loved each hour of it. I never once considered any one of those hours boring... Maybe there were down-times, but never boring. :D

----------

Things to Note:

- Logs & saplings (cactus also) are hard to pick up ever since this update.
    - Worms are abundant that I wish when they're on the surface that they would attract birds. If you try luring birds to trap them they should attack you in return that any Crows or Ravens would murder you with a murder; Dive bomb you, and etc.
    - When lagging the horse animations would mess up that you'd be hands over heels, or similar to that.
    - Horrible lag, yet unsure if it was because of Maiya's connection or the game's stability. Going around on mounts ended up being a chore at times with constant lag-spikes. It got worse at the last 2 hours of the 6 hours session we did.

There were more things to note just that I played for so long that I'm now exhausted. I had so much fun that everything else is now suffering in turn for neglect. Fishing is now also the best part of this update that I love it makes the game feel. :whistling:

• but Cutting down Trees From a sapling makes the Trees explode into leave

Was the tree fully grown? Otherwise you won't get any logs from it, you just see the falling leaves effect ;)

[Change] Command "editconstruction" can also be used to change texture of blocks
    Can someone explain to me how this works, i typed it on console but still can figure it out how to use it.

The "editconstruction" (or "editc") command was introduced with the previous update, we just changed the behavior with this update so it can also be used to change block textures. Originally this command was meant to change the rotation, size or texture of a construction element after it was already placed (can also use it to flip posters, for example). You just have to look at the construction element and type "editc" into console, then you will see the possible options (e.g. "editc texture 182" to turn the construction element into a metal texture).
    When looking at a block, you can also change its texture by typing this command into console (you have to be in creative mode to do that). Currently you can only change a single element/block at a time, but in the future, there will be a tool like this in creative mode (allowing to change multiple blocks/elements at the same time).

In creative mode you are affected by weather things

This will be changed with the upcoming hotfix :)

Hard to tell if muskets have been nerfed, just that this was a crazy battle. This was madness

Thanks for sharing the videos, that was hilarious :D But yeah, damage dealt by weapons was reduced with this update... in return, the "reload" procedure of the musket is slightly faster than before. However, since the musket is still slow and inaccurate, I guess it makes sense to increase its damage. This will be done with the next hotfix ;)

- Karma for cheating a bear:

Hehe, never cheat a bear :P

Logs & saplings (cactus also) are hard to pick up ever since this update.

That's true, but this issue should be (hopefully) fixed with the next hotfix

Worms are abundant that I wish when they're on the surface that they would attract birds. If you try luring birds to trap them they should attack you in return that any Crows or Ravens would murder you with a murder; Dive bomb you, and etc.

We will take this into consideration ^^

When lagging the horse animations would mess up that you'd be hands over heels, or similar to that.

Did it happen to the animation of the other player, or to your own animation while riding a horse?

Horrible lag, yet unsure if it was because of Maiya's connection or the game's stability. Going around on mounts ended up being a chore at times with constant lag-spikes. It got worse at the last 2 hours of the 6 hours session we did.

You mean actual lags (i.e. high ping), or framerate issues / stuttering? Did you play on a dedicated multiplayer server, or via the "Play with friends" option?

• You mean when playing on multiplayer servers?

No I understand the need to keep these private.

The seed for singleplayer worlds is visible in the world selection menu.

Yes this is a good thing, yet I could not copy it to the clipboard? I also think that maybe putting the world seed somewhere in the pause menu options aswell as in the list of worlds for single player. so you can find it while you are playing if a friend joins and wants the seed for their own worlds.

• Iv had a look though to see if anyone else as mentioned this but cant see nothing so, I was wonder about now that we now cant access chests though walls which is great but the only thing for a lot of us is that most cover up the chests / crates with planks, but with this new update means we now cant get to the "hidden" chest behind it.
    Is there a way maybe in the area protection that this can be removed just for that player? or something else so we can still get to out hidden chests?

• Iv had a look though to see if anyone else as mentioned this but cant see nothing so, I was wonder about now that we now cant access chests though walls which is great but the only thing for a lot of us is that most cover up the chests / crates with planks, but with this new update means we now cant get to the "hidden" chest behind it.
    Is there a way maybe in the area protection that this can be removed just for that player? or something else so we can still get to out hidden chests?

This was my concern also.

@Groovaholic you can still use posters to cover them :)

This is good to know. Thanks :D

• Yes this is a good thing, yet I could not copy it to the clipboard?

That's true, we will put that on our list ;)

There's a bug, the crowbar does not pick up the posters. And the worst thing, and that the posters can not even be destroyed

Yeah, that's unfortunately a bug, we will fix it ASAP!

I was wonder about now that we now cant access chests though walls which is great but the only thing for a lot of us is that most cover up the chests / crates with planks, but with this new update means we now cant get to the "hidden" chest behind it.

This is indeed a problem. Unfortunately it's a tricky situation, since it's basically not intended that objects can be accessed (or interacted with) through walls (although it was a nice little workaround to place chests inside custom furniture)... we're still looking for a solution (which doesn't solely depend on the API). Probably we will add a new "ghost chest" object, which can still be used through walls (although this will only be available via command)... or maybe a flag which can be set for existing chests, to make them accessible through walls.

• A new hotfix (0.9.4.2) is now available btw! It should fix most of the bugs out there. Server admins have to update their multiplayer servers accordingly.

Hotfix 2018-09-28 (0.9.4.2):

• [New] Temperature can now be disabled in the settings
    • [New] Permission "notemperature" (general) to disable temperature for particular permission groups
    • [New] You can now see the insulation / protection stats of clothes
    • [Change] While creative mode is active, you are no longer affected by temperature
    • [Change] You no longer take damage if bleeding while creative mode is active
    • [Change] Radiators are now also considered as a source of heat
    • [Change] Increased heat range of fireplaces
    • [Change] Removed unnecessary debug output which spammed the log and caused performance issues
    • [Change] Increased damage dealt by muskets
    • [Change] Reduced volume of some sounds
    • [Bugfix] Tuna can now be cooked
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue which prevented you from picking up items from grinder or paper press
    • [Bugfix] Construction elements (planks) on top of a block can now be removed
    • [Bugfix] Fixed random Crash when entering a vehicle
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing items when crafting multiple boats in one batch
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which made boats unusable if the driver lost connection in multiplayer (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed random crash related to wrong sounds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues when reloading plugins (rp)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong walk sound of mounts on blocks (metal, stone etc)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!