Changelog 2018-09-26: Fishing, boats and more!

• We get a lot of flicker for planks on blocks since this update. Memory is foggy but I remember that there's some game properties setting that prevents this. Anyone knows by chance? My config was completly rewritten by this update so I don't know how it looked before.

[New] You can now see the insulation / protection stats of clothes

This is helpful. Awesome. I wanted to bring this up yet glad you beat me to the punch on this one.

[Change] Radiators are now also considered as a source of heat
    [Change] Increased damage dealt by muskets

Didn't think of that because everything is just placeholders. It's awesome that if I'm to do a modern build in the snowy biomes (which are few and far) I'm going to have to build my builds with radiators.

Awesome on the musket thing, even though it can 1 or 2 shot animals. We'll see how it goes now.

[Bugfix] Tuna can now be cooked

Yay!~ This makes me very happy. Now let's see how this silly bugger gets cooked heh. :thumbsup:

Did it happen to the animation of the other player, or to your own animation while riding a horse?

You mean actual lags (i.e. high ping), or framerate issues / stuttering? Did you play on a dedicated multiplayer server, or via the "Play with friends" option?

Both. Its probably connected to the whole lag stuttering that something slowed our session down. Can't tell if it's because we were Discording with a voice call.... Maybe it was Discord causing it that the longer we played the worse it got. Though, I remember someone on Steam chat (or here) mentioned that this update has a very bad memory leak that it may be similar to the Player Foundation update. I have it on my Twitch stream if you want to give it a skim.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulDignifiedDogBloodTrail

This video shall expire in 14 days but it does contain various evidences of our playthrough with the lag on a dedicated server on Nitrado. Can't tell if it was Discord caused but Maiya's mic did have issues & etc.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/315536224?t=05h24m37s

5 hours & 25 minutes into the video you can see how bad the lag gets on mounts. 5 hrs & 50 min in you can roughly hear the mic cutting in and out. Not sure if Discord was the cause.

---------------

After seeing Maiya barely having her horse flee from the tiger assault I really do hope we gain some kind of health indicator for mounts. Same with feeding them apples, or something like that. If they're hurt we should be able to heal them

• I remember that there's some game properties setting that prevents this. Anyone knows by chance?

As @Jon_miner mentioned, you have to set graphic_logarithmic_depthbuffer to true ;)

I remember someone on Steam chat (or here) mentioned that this update has a very bad memory leak

There isn't a memory leak in this version (at least I haven't seen one^^), but the first release of the update contained some unnecessary debug output which can be a huge bottleneck for servers ^^

I'm not in a snowy Biome and it gets cold at night,

Yes, during night (and especially during bad weather) it can still be too cold in regular biomes.

What is considered "indoors?" I have four walls and a celing and is all enclosed and it says "indoors: false" and I'm standing on the floor, not the ground

Four walls and a roof should be fine in most cases 8| Can you maybe create a blueprint of that building and send it to me? Then I can check out why it's not considered as "indoor" in this case ;)

------------------------------------------------------

Another hotfix is available btw! It finally fixes the issues which prevented you from removing posters. It's not necessary to update multiplayer servers, although it's recommended :)

Hotfix 2019-09-29 (0.9.4.2):

• [Change] Posters now require two hits in order to destroy them
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong light on open doors
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which prevented you from removing posters
  • There isn't a memory leak in this version (at least I haven't seen one^^), but the first release of the update contained some unnecessary debug output which can be a huge bottleneck for servers

Good to hear. I was booted from my server earlier today that I lost connection that I believe I may have to just blame Nitrado for that. I honestly want to know what's causing the lag spikes because it also makes mount riding across the world a pain in the rear with all the stuttering it does. During my stream on Twitch tonight I was booted when trying to place planks on my stable that I couldn't do anything for a good 5 minutes.

A request from both me and a Twitch viewer is that we should have an orientation arrow on campfires so we can orientate them properly in builds. Anything that rotates need arrows.

I just love this update that even other people are having fun with it haha. Now I gotta wait till Monday evening to play Rising World some more that I'm glad that I built up my stables and a fishing hut in one of my settlements. To those that are unaware fish are seperated by ocean & lakes that you can find fish only in oceans and only in lakes... It's awesome. I now need to colonize a lake area so I can fish out a nice amount of salmon from it :whistling:

• I honestly want to know what's causing the lag spikes because it also makes mount riding across the world a pain in the rear with all the stuttering it does.

Oh, sorry, actually there were quite a few lines missing in my previous response =O:S First of all, thanks for the videos! :) According to the video, these are not lags, so these framerate issues are not caused by the server (it would be a serverside issue if you could still move, but the world won't load fast enough). Huge pauses either occur if the game runs out of memory, or if there are lots of buildings or images in the world (or more precisely, in the chunk the game is currently loading). This issue can also be caused by the hard drive: there have been similar reports where people experienced a good average framerate, but huge pauses / stuttering when walking around. In these cases, it happened if the game was either installed on a slow hard drive (usb hard drive, or old 5400 RPM hdd's), or if there was a technical issue with the hard drive (bad sectors). Is your game installed on a hard drive, or on a SSD?
    Maybe you can post a report file if you experience the stuttering again. Once you run into the framerate issues, open the console and type "report", then a report file will be created in your game directory. Please upload this file here, or alternatively send it via PM or support@jiw-games.net to me ;)

A request from both me and a Twitch viewer is that we should have an orientation arrow on campfires so we can orientate them properly in builds. Anything that rotates need arrows.

I'll put that on our list! :)

It doesn't appear when you get away from the boat

What do you mean exactly?

• Iv had a look though to see if anyone else as mentioned this but cant see nothing so, I was wonder about now that we now cant access chests though walls which is great but the only thing for a lot of us is that most cover up the chests / crates with planks, but with this new update means we now cant get to the "hidden" chest behind it.
    Is there a way maybe in the area protection that this can be removed just for that player? or something else so we can still get to out hidden chests?

Ok a follow on from my last post thanks for the comment about using posters guess that may come in handy, but now after the last hot fix i'm having even more trouble in accessing some of my creates (hidden with a manhole cover) iv up loaded a small video so you can see what is going on now

• Another hotfix is available btw! It finally fixes the issues which prevented you from removing posters. It's not necessary to update multiplayer servers, although it's recommended :)

Hotfix 2019-09-29 (0.9.4.2):

• [Change] Posters now require two hits in order to destroy them
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong light on open doors
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which prevented you from removing posters

You are a great Red51! The problem of posters is solved! Thanks so much! :thumbsup::D:saint:

• Couple things, just registered on the forums, but my son and I have been playing this game for almost 2 years now. Great game and great update! We've been looking forward to fishing!

1. How/where do you craft the new "Bomb"?

2. Since installing the update, all the trees and plants are frosted over, even though I'm nowhere near any frozen biomes. Things are frozen in beach/desert biomes even!

3. Possibly related to #2, I can't harvest any food (i.e plants from the ground, fruit from trees, planted crops, etc).

2 and 3 are true in both my singleplayer worlds and LAN multiplayer with my son. His is working fine and he can harvest things, but I can't, standing right next to him. And things are frosted on my screen and not his?

Any insight/help is appreciated and thanks!

CLB

• Oh, sorry, actually there were quite a few lines missing in my previous response First of all, thanks for the videos! According to the video, these are not lags, so these framerate issues are not caused by the server (it would be a serverside issue if you could still move, but the world won't load fast enough). Huge pauses either occur if the game runs out of memory, or if there are lots of buildings or images in the world (or more precisely, in the chunk the game is currently loading). This issue can also be caused by the hard drive: there have been similar reports where people experienced a good average framerate, but huge pauses / stuttering when walking around. In these cases, it happened if the game was either installed on a slow hard drive (usb hard drive, or old 5400 RPM hdd's), or if there was a technical issue with the hard drive (bad sectors). Is your game installed on a hard drive, or on a SSD?
    Maybe you can post a report file if you experience the stuttering again. Once you run into the framerate issues, open the console and type "report", then a report file will be created in your game directory. Please upload this file here, or alternatively send it via PM or mail to me

No worries, you're a busy guy.

It would appear that they are (frame-rate issues), just that they're more noticable now than ever that they're really hampering the gameplay experience. Maybe it's a sign that Nitrado's hosted device is on a bad sector, or something, as you mentioned. I don't host this on my computer but on Nitrado hosting that you traveled in the world before, if in a backup from NItrado. Next time I get that I"ll try and remember to do a report because it's far more noticable and tantrumy now than it was before.

Something is building up in the background and I'm too stupid to figure it out because I don't know how to program. ?(

• the boat does not visible when moving away from the boat (I'm sorry for my bad english)

We will increase the view distance for boats in the near future :)

Ok a follow on from my last post thanks for the comment about using posters guess that may come in handy, but now after the last hot fix i'm having even more trouble in accessing some of my creates (hidden with a manhole cover) iv up loaded a small video so you can see what is going on now

Thanks for the video! That's indeed a bug, we'll fix it ASAP ;)

1. How/where do you craft the new "Bomb"?

You can only obtain it via fishing, however, of course you can also use a command to spawn it:

2. Since installing the update, all the trees and plants are frosted over, even though I'm nowhere near any frozen biomes. Things are frozen in beach/desert biomes even!

This seems to be an issue with the graphics card / driver. Another user experienced the same issue. What graphics card do you use exactly? Maybe you can send us a log file, as described here :)

Maybe it's a sign that Nitrado's hosted device is on a bad sector, or something, as you mentioned

Oh, no, it's not related to the server. If the server has an issue, it should not have an impact on your framerate in most cases. If the game stutters (low frame rate, pauses etc), it's usually a clientside issue, but if the world takes ages to load (while you're still able to walk around), it's usually a serverside issue.
    I was actually referring to your own, clientside hard drive ;)

• Oh, no, it's not related to the server. If the server has an issue, it should not have an impact on your framerate in most cases. If the game stutters (low frame rate, pauses etc), it's usually a clientside issue, but if the world takes ages to load (while you're still able to walk around), it's usually a serverside issue.
    I was actually referring to your own, clientside hard drive

Nitrado, safe again! They must be relieved after all the times I blamed them for things. Though, that one time they left my server unprotected so they get a fail there while everything else holds up. I guess they're safe here.

If it's client side then I guess that makes sense because Maiya did have it worse off than me that I would then have to suspect some light memory build up from having traveled quite a distance. Do the distances cache somewhere? It seemed to have gotten worse near the end that we barely made it to the ocean to fish.

And yeah, I do blame my hard drive space that I want to buy a 1 TB Samsung SSD..... I want to finally switch to something with larger space. 300 GB isn't enough, nor is 200 GB... Everything wants to go on your SSD that it pisses me off how your hard drive slows down on the last 100 GB.... I'm constantly fighting for space on my hard drives.

• on my MP server , when I make and launch both boats they are half full of water. also when you step into a boat without hitting f to sit, you can sink them. Also the motor boat won't move for me. Also the game is not letting me take screen shots while seated in either boat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!