Changelog 2018-09-26: Fishing, boats and more!

• After the update, the character has become taller. Please, return the previous growth, but because of this, I now can not normally go into rooms with low ceilings. Because of this, I can not climb into the pipes, the character does not fit into the space at all.

• "After the update, the character has become taller. Please, return the previous growth, but because of this, I now can not normally go into rooms with low ceilings. Because of this, I can not climb into the pipes, the character does not fit into the space at all."

Keep in mind, you can crouch to reduce your height. I think the reason our character is larger is it is part of the fix to prevent you from seeing through terrain and walls in certain circumstances. I would much rather have a larger character than be able to see through terrain and walls as it kills the PvP experience and makes it waaay too easy to find underground dungeons.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• After the update, the character has become taller. Please, return the previous growth, but because of this, I now can not normally go into rooms with low ceilings. Because of this, I can not climb into the pipes, the character does not fit into the space at all.

The fact that you could until now do those things at those height was the bug. This bug has been fixed now so unfortunately the only thing I can say is from now on build higher structures :/

PS: the doors always were 4 blocks high so that should have given everyone an indication of what proper height was for structures. Also remember this is Alpha so things can change over time even unexpectedly.

• The fact that you could until now do those things at those height was the bug. This bug has been fixed now so unfortunately the only thing I can say is from now on build higher structures PS: the doors always were 4 blocks high so that should have given everyone an indication of what proper height was for structures. Also remember this is Alpha so things can change over time even unexpectedly.

But it is strange that, in appearance, a normal aperture does not make it possible to go through and you have to sit down. And in the pipe, it’s not even possible to sit in a pipe, although it is felt that you only touch the opening with the crown of the head. 2 centimeters? - sorry, but you are too tall. Because of this, so many problems, all the plans just broke into smithereens, all because of the dubious fix with growth.
    Would make several options, like in ARMA3, so that you can crawl in low openings, but somehow it spoils the gameplay, what you see is a surmountable obstacle, but you do not miss 2 cm.
    Below I gave an example of an "insurmountable obstacle"

• I understand your pain. However it is just a temporary pain. In the future you will adjust to the new height and on the long run it is very likely you will lose your worlds anyways. As when the world generation is getting updated all will be gone. You can save buildings with a blueprint of course - but this is also a chance:

Save your building as blueprint, but without the floor. Then delete your current building aside the first layer of blocks. Then again add the blueprint on top of the lowest layer of blocks and now you have a higher building.

Doesn´t work for everything of course and it is quite some effort but its worth a try.

About the 2cm.. yea, thats a pity but its a computer game, not reality. don´t compare these in too big details. What you are talking about is not possible (yet). In other games you have crouching, kneeling, etc. But even then it is for a certain determined height. If the tunnel/ceiling is just 1cm lower - your attempt to get through will fail.

Take it as a learning experience and adjust your buildings from now on. After a while you won´t even notice it anymore.

• Red51 help.

We have a problem with the water not showing when in a protected area. The water outside the area will not show when you are standing in the claimed area when showarea is on. Same if you are standing outside the area, the water inside the area is gone until you turn showareas off. Since yahgiggle and Miwarre are both MIA, you are the only 1 to report this to. I have been away and a bit busy also or I would have caught this before now. This happens with both area protection lua script 3.0 as well as the java area protection of miwarre's. With it happening to both area protections it is probably game related.

• GTX 970 user here. AP lua 3.0, this problem for me, only occurs if I am standing outside the area (the water is gone, revealing lakebed) with /showareas on. BUT inside I can see the water render fine with /showareas on. The borders seem to cause some type of render issue, results may vary AMD vs Nvidia, settings etc. I run at 1080p max settings. If this helps any.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider this a serious issue, aside some players may use to to reveal hidden goodies in pond. :)

A more serious issue I know of that cropped up since latest update is with blueprints. Spawn in BP .. use undoblueprint command OR demolish by hand. log off server. log back in, BP is back. Often times its just a partial, other times complete BP you undid before logoff. Seems to be pulling from old cache.

Also, another one I find some pvp players will exploit to kill or raid, is the render issue. I don't want to get into specifics here for obvious reason, but will send Red a PM about how to reproduce it.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• I'm agree with "Radiohead". This "fix" useless. because of some dubious "fix" spoil gameplay. Why did the squat height was changed ? :thumbdown: I appeal to the developers specifically! return the previous high of character when it is in a squat :| Because I cant spill into pipes, and I spent enough time on them to build.

Please, fix this "fix".

• Do you have an updated list of commands to spawn in some of the new items?

Sorry for the late response, not sure if you're still looking for the commands, but here is a small list ;)

After the update, the character has become taller. Please, return the previous growth, but because of this, I now can not normally go into rooms with low ceilings

Yes, that's unfortunately true. This definitely needs some more fine tuning. However, if you're playing singleplayer (this does not work in multiplayer unfortunately), you can disable this behavior. To do that, go to your game directory, open the "config.properties" file with a text editor and set game_no_sweeptest to true, then save the file and run the game again :)

We have a problem with the water not showing when in a protected area. The water outside the area will not show when you are standing in the claimed area when showarea is on

This is unfortunately caused by the rendering order (water is rendered as post processing effect). We need to find a way to change the rendering order without wasting too much performance on this.

A more serious issue I know of that cropped up since latest update is with blueprints. Spawn in BP .. use undoblueprint command OR demolish by hand. log off server. log back in, BP is back

There is indeed an issue with blueprints, especially when using the "undobp" command. We're working on a solution :)

• "[Change] Trees are no longer affected by wind if being placed underground or if you attach an object to them"
    This is minor but this change does not work. Trees still sway underground or when object attached to it.

• Even with enough time going by there's still some feedback that can still be given.......... Though, I guess it could also be used as a "refresher" if things are forgotten or lost in the loop somehow.

1) Wish you could stand on boats without it sinking
    2) Wish you could fish from boats
    3) Wish boats had storage (repeated though, sorry)
    4) Wish you could auto-throttle a boat while viewing a map (similar to a horse & other mounts; View Ylands game)
    5) Fishing themed storage & display containers (Something cosmetic to both view & hold fish
    6) Been thinking if we could build each boat blueprint in its own piece in the crafting bench, or have a crafting bench dedicated to vehicles? Too messy? Red51 may have a better idea on this
    7) Horses (mounts) being able to walk backwards.

Well, I would love a way to display the rubber duck with how "special" it is. I'm glad I Twitch clipped that long ago while also amused how it floats :P

On another thought I wonder if Red51 would be find of allowing us to play with farmable seeds (wheat & such) without looking for it that we can gain it from a traveling merchant allowing Red51 time to continue polishing the terrain before we gain it with wiggle room for other updates to sneak in. We could mess about with farming & such until then sprucing the terrain up our way.

Would it be possible to have Rising World snow behave like this? Actual soft and fluffy snow which reacts to pressure?
    https://twitter.com/RedDeadSoc…tatus/1068324255769739264

Lastly, happy we're going to gain hostile NPCs that it's been what we wished for. Curious when the teaser preview shall pop up. Still waiting for a news posting or a banner to pop up that I guess it's still a ways away. Sorry for any troubles I've caused lately (stress) hoping that everything is still fine. :thumbup:

• Any chance we can can something for automation (passive power) like generators, ovens and cookers etc.. maybe let meat be stackable with the next update? All the veggies and fruit stack still can't make heads or tails why we walk around with 15 steaks taking up inventory slots like it's minecraft alpha/beta. Not complaining here just asking for a sizeable stack option for the meats and fish we gather. please? Thank you.

• I really don't want this to come off as a complaint just asking for some advice here: Did blueprints completely break with this update or were they rewritten in such a way that they are always smacking you in the face? I have tried to place blueprints so many times mostly structures after season 4 broke and every time I try I have to be standing on the ground in the middle of the house. I find this very aggravating as before we were able to press F2 and see the structure from above and move it around. Now we have to be standing on the ground jus for the object or assembled blueprint to show up? Is there a way to revert these changes back to normal so I could use blueprints again? I can't place a house if I am standing in the center of it and don't know if it is lined up correctly or not. Thank you have a wonderful day.

• once you left click you should be able to move around as well as move the bp around before you set it. you should also be able to hit enter to make it look solid instead of see through. this is on a windows machine of course. I don't know mac.

• There is currently an issue with the blueprint undo command (undoblueprint) and the building is not fully deleted. With placement there is no known issue atm :/

• Red is already aware, here is his response earlier in this thread: "There is indeed an issue with blueprints, especially when using the "undobp" command. We're working on a solution "

• This is minor but this change does not work. Trees still sway underground or when object attached to it.

Oh... I will check out what went wrong with this feature =O

1) Wish you could stand on boats without it sinking

This will be a feature for bigger vessels :)

2) Wish you could fish from boats

That's definitely planned ;)

3) Wish boats had storage (repeated though, sorry)

This is also planned, at least for certain types of boats.

4) Wish you could auto-throttle a boat while viewing a map (similar to a horse & other mounts; View Ylands game)

I'll put that on our list!

6) Been thinking if we could build each boat blueprint in its own piece in the crafting bench, or have a crafting bench dedicated to vehicles? Too messy? Red51 may have a better idea on this

We were thinking about a dedicated crafting station just for vehicles... might be necessary for cars and trains anyway.

7) Horses (mounts) being able to walk backwards.

I would like to add that, but it requires us to adapt the animations... and I really hate to touch these animations again :saint: However, it's on our to-do list^^

On another thought I wonder if Red51 would be find of allowing us to play with farmable seeds (wheat & such) without looking for it that we can gain it from a traveling merchant

Adding these seeds as items which can be obtained from chests or from traders might be an option, I will keep that in mind

Would it be possible to have Rising World snow behave like this? Actual soft and fluffy snow which reacts to pressure?

Unfortunately this is kinda difficult to implement, due to the procedurally generated dynamic world =/

Any chance we can can something for automation (passive power) like generators, ovens and cookers etc.

This is definitely planned ;)

Not complaining here just asking for a sizeable stack option for the meats and fish we gather. please?

Maybe we will adjust the stack sizes with the next update... basically we wanted to reduce the stack sizes so they fit to our future plans regarding food spoilage and food preservation, but a lot of players were asking for bigger stack sizes so I guess the best thing would be to just increase them.

Did blueprints completely break with this update or were they rewritten in such a way that they are always smacking you in the face? I have tried to place blueprints so many times mostly structures after season 4 broke and every time I try I have to be standing on the ground in the middle of the house

As @Minotorious and @Juggernaut mentioned, there is indeed an issue when using the "undobp" command. However, placing a blueprint should just work like before oO Make sure to "lock" the blueprint with the left mouse button, as mentioned by @sharkbitefischer

So, just for kicks and giggles. When should we expect the next set of updates ?

Can't say for sure unfortunately... we will post some preview screenshots in the next days, but we have no ETA for the update. We're having some serious problems with Steam at the moment regarding some changes which were implemented by Valve two months ago. Unfortunately these changes have a massive impact on Rising World and its future development, basically that's the reason why the update still isn't ready :thumbdown:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!