Another very interesting game

• tbh I'm a bit annoyed with the new trend going around amongst developers. the 3 n 4 packs. first off they aren't at a discount of one copy(cash grab) and second of all some of these developers are too impatient for word of mouth to set in,they seem to bait you with a "grab your friends and survive"....enough already. especially when the game is in early alpha. if you find a 3 or 4 pack at a discount that's great but keep your eyes opened on the others.

• Quote from supershanks

Tuesday, 11:03pm

aye I'm getting the same with too many games. Last six weeks or so good games are like buses, wait for ages then they all come at once.

Well my moratorium on game buying lasted all of four days. ;( Got Planet Explorers, it was 50% off on Steam, had been badly tempted before with it plus I remembered Turbo614's praise of it. So that was an offer I couldn't refuse.

• That's better going than Medieval Engineers then :), have you bothered with that now it's out on Steam?

No I don't have Medieval Engineers. Didn't really need to get Planet Explorers now other than taking advantage of the sale haha Although I could get Medieval Engineers with 25% off since I have Space Engineers. But we are not made of money and the wife isn't a gamer so.. lol

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Yep got Planet explorer too on friday, 1/2 price can't go wrong... Specially since our server here on Rising been down for a 3rd day in the last week i think...
    Few hours fine, total day sucks royaly if you ask me.... Planet seems kewl until you get kicked out of a server and can't go back in
    for God knows what reasons... Lost connection on 2 different server & never could go back in....
    Tried to join their Forum and no confirmation was ever sent (Twice) to my Email address to log in....(Negative was not sent by error in my junk mail..)

• That shocks me, to be honest.

You making a joke? I don't get it haha

Tried to join their Forum and no confirmation was ever sent (Twice) to my Email address to log in....(Negative was not sent by error in my junk mail..)

Yeah same here.. waited days just in case. Tried again... nothing. So had to use gmail instead of hotmail. It may be they are in an IP block which for some reason has been blocked by hotmail's automatic systems. They need to deal with it regardless.

So far in Planet Explorers I just did a bit of single player yesterday. Didn't really like it actually lol. One quest thing is broken near the start. Had this damn flying creature attack me and follow me around the map forever.. attacking NPCs which just stood there.. finally after dying several times I managed to kill the damn thing. Seems to me there are some serious issues with being able to hit things, even certain trees I just could not chop. Wish they would have text come up or the item has an outline when you are able to select it/hit it. Anyways, maybe getting on a server will be more fun.

• The large dino-bird ya can kill with the wooden bow & arrow from long range & just constantly hit the damn thing as you are backing up.... If ya miss killing it
    then under water for a few miles will get ride of the pest. Lots easier if ya grab a NPC budy by doing the easiest mission & give him a bow and few hundreds arrow too....

• caves and underground stuffs!!!

Checked this out in ME. Theare are several terrain tools right now (cube, sphere, autolevel, etc.) which you can use not only to flatten the ground but also to make caves. There are no natural caves afaik yet.

• Checked this out in ME. Theare are several terrain tools right now (cube, sphere, autolevel, etc.) which you can use not only to flatten the ground but also to make caves. There are no natural caves afaik yet.

Are player made caves needing support to not cave in yet?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!