Another very interesting game

• Who knows of Space Engineers? Well the devs of that game have two teams going now and one is working on Medieval Engineers. It looks really promising. I mention it here because Rising World devs might find it useful to check this game out. What paths to take.. what not to. Check their forums.. ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• I saw the trailer yesterday and first I was just like WOW, but then I fastly thought that this game was missing osmething really important and somehow I find it a bit boring to watch ^^
    Well, I think it is a better building game for constructions, but I guess it has not that many options like RW. Also, I can not believe that it will be a better survival / world simulating game ^^

• I have played many hours of Space Engineers, and will more than likely get Medieval Engineers as soon as it turns up on Steam. For me, the enjoyment of those games is the Construction / Engineering aspect rather than the survival. I don't see it as a direct competitor for Rising World.

• Damn, that game going to ge great indeed! We have great rock texture over here & it would not be too hard
    to add the few pieces missing to finish off the roof, ceiling parts of castles! Trebuchet, catapults would
    need more attention for details but at least this would help bring the game to a new level...

Personaly i been playing "Farming Simulator" for many weeks now, the more i purchase bigger farm tractor & farm toys
    the more i realise that if there where an actual " Homish lifestyle simulator" i would jump right into that game
    & be satisfied for ever prolly!
    Some gamers like nothing but:
    1. War assaults games.
    2. Zombie head blowing games!
    3. Space craft & Aliens games!
    4. Dungeons & Magic games!
    5. & Yes game like this one where we can build what ever we are pleased with and call it our own creation!

Not to forget the players who simply come online in any of them games to simply destroy everything on their path
    and piss everboby always!(Witch we all know is what they are prolly doing in real life too...)

But them people are potental buyers of the game also, witch as no difference if the destoy your complex
    with a large bazooka or a simple slingshot with gumballs!

Two thumbs up for the "Medieval" turn for this game! No zomblies, no bazooka, no magic, & no Prince Charming pls!

• I have Space Enginees and i like the idea of Medieval Engineers :) i will 100% back it! Building a a catapult or something else would be great BUT i dont think you can compare it to RisingWorld. The reasons are the hich degree of realism, it is cool to build a technical mechanism in space eng and i think it would do so in medivieval eng but i think the game will focus too much on this aspects. Additionally they support a very very high level of detail in their game, this level of detail is very high at cost of performance and when you build large large things it will collapse the engine.

For me as creative building guy with fantasy rpgs in my heart i like a skyrim like environment more then a super realistic game. I need the possibilities to build nice unique structures in an easy way without harvesting and constructing hours.

So both games will be amazing but with total different gameplay aspects i think!

• I didn't mean to compare it to RW. But they will have some similar aspects, like mining tunnels and stuff like that. Also, yes they are more on the side of a builder for medieval times, but the community wants more then that. Devs of RW can learn from that information. Don't shut the door on one group just because the other wants something very different, both can be done fairly easily. The success of Minecraft shows the importance of this. But it's become more clear that I don't need to worry about that here.

We shall see how Medieval Engineers goes.. I sure hope for the ability to build a functioning village and castle with a large community in that game, and have different roles to play. The barbarians they plan aren't going to be enough for me I fear. I hear ya about the level of detail they have, especially with the physics they plan for the earth and buildings. Collapsing under weight unless properly built/supported. Can't wait to see what comes of that. That is a feature I've always wanted in a game.

• This game just went on steam, too and it looks great. More like the forest, though. Haven't played that, but i think I will like this Stranded Game more. I think we should also not compare this to Rising World, but I think it has some really nice survival aspects, just by looking at the trailer and the screenshots. :P I really like how there are very small island, but I read that there are many of them :D Also the area in and under water looks amazing! While the things you can do in water are mostly the weak part of other games, it seems like this is the strong part of this one. I am not into diving, but I think the things on land will be nice, as well. So I am gonna give this a try, I guess and maybe I find some details that could work in Rising World as well.

• This game just went on steam, too and it looks great. More like the forest, though. Haven't played that, but i think I will like this Stranded Game more. I think we should also not compare this to Rising World, but I think it has some really nice survival aspects, just by looking at the trailer and the screenshots. :P I really like how there are very small island, but I read that there are many of them :D Also the area in and under water looks amazing! While the things you can do in water are mostly the weak part of other games, it seems like this is the strong part of this one. I am not into diving, but I think the things on land will be nice, as well. So I am gonna give this a try, I guess and maybe I find some details that could work in Rising World as well.

I just got this today. It is good and the water is great. Bloody sharks try to bump you off the raft!! And follow you! Scary. The survival is pretty good. Game of course needs a lot of work. It's nothing like The Forest though, other than you can make a shelter. I think the player is the only person in Stranded Deep. No crazies... Which is fine. So far I think it was worth the $17 CAD.

I wish the RW dev team would expand. I know there are challenges, of course there are. Always will be. But the payoff will be worth it IMO. Anyways.

• I also got Stranded Deep yesterday. Great game so far, although I haven't yet managed to survive past the second day.

lel. Sounds like me playing The Long Dark. Do you think you can manage to survive, if you know how everything works? Because I would rather like to build like in The Forest than just searchikkng for items all the time

• I have gone into the game just trying collecting what is on my island and working out what I can make from it as I go along, rather than looking it up in some guide someone has posted online. I think once I get the hang of what to prioritise I will survive for longer. It looks as if the available resources on each island are quite limited, so there will be a need to 1. Set up a central base and ensure some of what you need is sustainable while travelling for the rest. or 2. Take what you need from your island and move on to another when it is depleted, in a more nomadic manner.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!