YouTuber calls RisingWorld a Minecraft rip off

• Well this is why the permission system/area protection exist to block new players/potential griefers from doing exactly that.

People like them unfortunately exist and we server owners/admins have seen a lot come into our servers. :(

• The "dramatic teen" was a few months early for the various plugins & the player model update. That video was posted on February 18, 2017 when we had the new player models in mid-to-late December. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing. Also, I see that just about anybody can be a Youtuber, yet thankfully people are migrating to Twitch thanks to how vile Youtube itself is being by preferring bigger youtubers over smaller ones. Finding content is becoming harder that you simply get "teen drama", such as this video that you just found. Yes, "teen drama".

What a goof... What a brainless goof...... People in his comment section also getting triggered at him for cursing that even his community is unstable. I hope Youtube algorithms also nukes his views as it has done with other youtubers favouring bigger Youtubers over small ones. I hope it's actually nuking him right now that people are flocking/migrating over to Twitch instead.

So many cheap shots, but as Mino said thankfully we have better player models & plugins to protect ourselves form such a brainless buffoon as him seeking cheap views.

• Now you know why I do not play on servers. They are here 1 day and gone the next , or you are griefed to death. I was banned from a server where I spent less then 2 minutes on line and did absolutely nothing but look around.

When you play on a server you own NOTHING despite what you are told because it can all go poof in 1 second. You have NO rights no matter what you are told.

Think about that before you go building on someone else's computer.

• Now you know why I do not play on servers. They are here 1 day and gone the next , or you are griefed to death. I was banned from a server where I spent less then 2 minutes on line and did absolutely nothing but look around.

When you play on a server you own NOTHING despite what you are told because it can all go poof in 1 second. You have NO rights no matter what you are told.

Think about that before you go building on someone else's computer.

That's not entirely true. There are quite a few long standing servers (some have been around for several years). If a server is setup correctly griefing should be neigh impossible with PVE mode and protected areas. Effectively making the griefing "work" in comparison to the "cleanup" work exponentially harder. Someone could spend 12 hours trying to ruin a server and with the correct setup all that "griefing work" can be undone in a matter on minutes. Who then would have the last laugh? :rolleyes:

I appreciate your frustration though "it can all go poof in 1 second." that's what happened to me when I first played on a multiplayer server. I lost my first ever castle, but we learn and we move on to build better things.

In the end multiplayer are exactly that - multiplayer. I hope a few bad experiences do not tar your brush forever.

P.s. you can always make your own blueprints of your builds as your own "backup". ;)

• i have run a sever for years now and i think rising world is a lot better then mine craft ( that 8 bit would give me killer headaches ) but its all in what type of game u like to play p.s i host a lot outer games all so and looking to add more to the list so u got one u like hosted u can hit me up on steam at towildandcrazy
    :D

• Even though this video is old, I think it just goes to show that there will always be childish critics who don't offer any valuable criticism but just try to stir up problems. You could call any modern survival/construction game a "minecraft ripoff" and probably be somewhat accurate. It inspired a lot of different stuff, and I do see it's influence in this game. Personally though, I think this game offers a much better looking construction system, and a lot more freedom. It's fair to note that elements of this game seem inspired by others, but calling it a ripoff is like saying all first person shooters are a ripoff of N64 goldeneye. Pretty stupid.

• Lol fair enough fellas. I do agree with that point about wolfenstein etc., but I don't agree with calling such games a "ripoff". I would say "inspired by". They built on the concepts presented by their predecessors and turned them into something better. It's the same pattern all art goes through. Everything is in some way built on the shoulders of previous giants.

• I would say "inspired by". They built on the concepts presented by their predecessors and turned them into something better. It's the same pattern all art goes through. Everything is in some way built on the shoulders of previous giants.

This ^

Yeah, that's how I viewed Rising World and shall always view it that you simply take someone's concept and improve on it. That's how we're improving on computer parts, cars, planes, and etc in the world that without someone else putting their own spin we wouldn't be where we are now in a global sense, as well as Rising World. Someone is going to look at Rising World in the future to hopefully 1-up on that.

On a similar note UBOAT is to Silent Hunter 3 what Rising World is to Minecraft, an improvement; A step up in the ladder. :thumbup:

• Yeah, that's how I viewed Rising World and shall always view it that you simply take someone's concept and improve on it. That's how we're improving on computer parts, cars, planes, and etc in the world that without someone else putting their own spin we wouldn't be where we are now in a global sense, as well as Rising World. Someone is going to look at Rising World in the future to hopefully 1-up on that.

On a similar note UBOAT is to Silent Hunter 3 what Rising World is to Minecraft, an improvement; A step up in the ladder. :thumbu

Well said. I completely agree. There are some games that are obviously rip-offs of others, but calling rising world a minecraft ripoff is pretty dumb, since the only real similarities are freedom, building, and mining. A lot of games have those. I think rising world is a perfect example of what makes small studio, indie-type games so cool. The guys that made it obviously like open and creative games, and they built something that allows much more freedom than it's predecessors, while at the same time having better graphics and more features. It's the natural progression of art, and it's what keeps the game industry thriving.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!