Technology tree (primitive / Medieval / modern Ages)

• Hi everyone !

I’m really enjoying Rising World, but something bothering me :
    The Ages are completely mixed up, like you can be a fiercy knight with a complete armor and… A semi automatic rifle ???? :huh:
    Or look at the loom, you can craft a simple rags shirt or a really modern military jacket at the same “time/ages”

Why not setting up a technology tree like in most RTS game, so that we can have a bit more accuracy and realism in the roleplay ? In fact, going deeper with what you’ve done with the Workbench Tier I & II
    When creating a new game, you could decide which Tier limit you want to have, like Tier I only, or TIER I + II and full evolution with Tier I + II + III.

So basically depending of your choice you will only have access to the first work bench Tier I, both I + II or all of them, and that will give limitations:

Workbench Tier I (Primitif Age, low tech only)
    - Primitive furnace / spinning wheel / Loom Tier I (cloth & leather recipes only)/ Sawbench Tier 1 (no decorations recipe, neither strange barriers or modern elements…) / just swords & bows…

Workbench Tier II (Medieval Age)
    - All craft stations from Tier I / small furnace / Loom Tier II (knight armor, saddle…) / morningstar, Musket / anvil / paperpress

Workbench Tier III (modern age)
    - Everything (military equipements, motor boat, riffle…)

Depending of the Tier limit, some construction blocks would not be available as well (like the tarmac for Tier I)

It's maybe a dumb suggestion, since you can already decide by yourself what you want to craft or not, but sometimes after a rough fight against bears you can easily get tempted to craft a riffle, even if you're suppose to play medieval ! :whistling:

• I just bought the game and this exact thing stood out as weird to me right away. Some definition between eras would be good - and the ability to lock certain ones off when creating the world

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!