[BUG] TOTAL system LOCKUP after playing singleplayer for a while

• I only just got the game on Steam on November 15th 2018.. so...
    I have experienced TWO FULL/TOTAL SYSTEM lockups, requiring me to restart my system.
    after a short period of Singleplayer game play... 10-45 minutes

I do get regular GFX(Nvidia), LAN(Realtek), AUDIO(Realtek) driver updates to stay up to date with bug fixes such.....
    however since this is a TOTAL system lockup and NO BSOD I have idea what is causing the crash for sure...

the crash/lockup, is it the game client, driver, Windows, etc...

sry if this report is not much help...
    I have two other games that have similar crash/lockups.. AION by NCSOFT and Black Desert Online... but its even more rare with those two games...

I will try to provided any requested info by Rising World's game devs or community member.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor

CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1-4, AVX1&2

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO

RAM: 32GB, 2x G.Skill 16GB (PC3200)(DDR4)

GPU: nVidia GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

GFX Drivers: Nvidia v471.11

• I'm sorry to hear about these issues :/ Finding out what's causing a total system lockup is quite tricky... in most cases, such issues are either caused by hardware issues (especially by the RAM) or by temperature issues. Rising World is quite demanding in terms of performance (due to the procedurally generated dynamic world), so that might be the reason why you're experiencing this issue more frequently when playing RW compared to other games.

When did you experience this issue in other games for the first time? Did you maybe change your hardware or OS right before the problem occurred?

In Rising World, you could try to reduce the graphics settings (disable Light Scattering, Ambient Occlusion and Refractions and lower the "Detail Distance") and see if this helps. If it takes much longer now until the computer freezes (or if your computer does not freeze at all), this might be an indicator that there is actually a temperature issue. In this case I'd recommend to check if your fans/coolers (especially CPU and graphics cards coolers) are clogged with dust.

If changing the graphics settings makes no difference, you could try to check your RAM: https://www.howtogeek.com/2608…mputers-ram-for-problems/

• no, I have had this stable system since I built in 2016 with Windows 7 ULTIMATE SP1 x64..
    My system specs are here in this CPUz report...
    https://valid.x86.fr/qcqc0n

I have not had temperature issues... I run HWMonitor which gives my the temperature of all hardware in my system and its running stable temps at not more then 150°F for the CPU un max load
    I will do a quick mem test and report back but I am pretty sure of my $150 RAM... I don't have much else for problems with all the other programs I use.... just those 3 games causing system lockups...

PC Specs:

• OK! Windows Memory Diagnostic TEST, not one single bit dysfunctional!

ooh so its a Java or is it game... there are plenty of non Java binaries....??

I have Java 8 v192 installed.. but that doesn't matter because I just noticed RisingWorld comes with its own Java binaries... waste of space but what can you do...

When did you experience this issue in other games for the first time? Did you maybe change your hardware or OS right before the problem occurred?

Idk I was just playing and it happened... those two games use the ANTI-CHEAT program XignCODE3
    no changes hardware/software wise...

max GPU Temperature underload is 116°F so no issues there... on a mp server...

PC Specs:

Edited once, last by Melchior ().

• OK! Windows Memory Diagnostic TEST, not one single bit dysfunctional!

Maybe it's worth a try to run MemTest86 as well. It performs more tests than the Windows Tool and may find issues that the Windows Tool won't.

Alternatively you could try to run a stress test and see if you experience the same issues. A suitable tool would be Furmark, for example: https://geeks3d.com/furmark/
    If your computer freezes, this might indicate that the issue is caused by the graphics card or the PSU.

ooh so its a Java or is it game... there are plenty of non Java binaries....??

Neither Java nor the game (nor any other game [or in other words, bugs in a game]) should cause a system lockup. If something like this happens, it's almost always a hardware related issue. And even if you currently experience this issue in certain games only, the situation might get worse over time :(

I just noticed RisingWorld comes with its own Java binaries... waste of space but what can you do...

It's a requirement for a game on Steam to download/install all dependencies automatically. If we don't ship a JVM with the game, users have to install it manually (which results in other issues - some users either install the wrong version [32 bit], or have a broken installation etc).

If you're worried about the space you should worry about other dependencies (VCRedist, DirectX etc) which get downloaded for most games on Steam (and even though most games use a certain VCRedist version, Steam downloads the same files again for every single game). Many of these files for other games are even bigger than the JVM ;)

• I have a 1250 WATT SMART PS I'm barely using 200WATTS out of full 1250 and the per volt amps are all good...
    I currently have a EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB graphics cards... It runs fine.. I was only using 1.2GB of vram with Rising World loaded
    I use 1.8 GB of vram with Black Desert L

I have a EVGA GTX 1070 Ti 8GB coming in the mail by next week! lol ;)

ahh so that's why u bundled the JVM/JRE with the game... your using an outdated version though... and chance of fixing that?

Neither Java nor the game (nor any other game [or in other words, bugs in a game]) should cause a system lockup. If something like this happens, it's almost always a hardware related issue. And even if you currently experience this issue in certain games only, the situation might get worse over time

That is what is usually said about it... so maybe a gfx driver issue... or a bug in Windows 7 that will never get fixed...

The specs for my gfx card says it supports Open GL v4.4 BUT in game it mentioned Open GL v4.6... why?
    even the 1070 Ti I have coming only supports Open GL v4.5.. hmm???

Waterfox a spinoff of Firefox has been crashing alot for me bugs good grief.. get enough crashes of programs in a sesson of Windows might contribute to a system wide crash.. 0xC0000005 memory access violation error or memory management BSOD... maybe at least from my experiences....

PC Specs:

• ok my GPU survived a short stress test using Furmarks...
    max Temperature was 65°C, at 34 fps though I do better when in game...
    I will test out again when I get my GTX 1070 Ti in the mail...

PC Specs:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!