Setting up my hosted server

• Hi guys

We have a hosted server we are playing on that we want to make public to allow others to join in and allow to create and play in our exsisiting world.

Things that i would like to know before i do this.

I would like to setup a position where new people joining would spawn by default where i can setup a billboard with server rules etc.

I would also like to assign different roles to new people joining.

Is this possible? And if so how can i set that up in my server or in game settings?

We want to open it to everyone but would like to have some ground rules/settings in place where new people could freely explore exsisting towns and buildings but arent able to destroy or modify what has allready been constructed.

So if a new player joins the server we would like it to be setup in such a way that they spawn in at a set location (current town and country boundaries) That would have billboards placed with server rules etc. Then everything else outside of those boundaries is free for building.

Appreciate any feedback

Thank you

• Hi buckshot,

I would like to setup a position where new people joining would spawn by default where i can setup a billboard with server rules etc.

use setspawn from the console whilst logged in as an admin

I would also like to assign different roles to new people joining.

This is done via permissions https://forum.rising-world.net…d/3179-permission-system/

We want to open it to everyone but would like to have some ground rules/settings in place where new people could freely explore exsisting towns and buildings but arent able to destroy or modify what has allready been constructed.

You can do this via area protection https://forum.rising-world.net…area-protection/?pageNo=1

• Thats great thank you very much for this. WIth the spawn command i take it that can only be used if enter a players name ? For example if someone new joins in i would have to wait to see what the username is then run the spawn command? Or can i do it by groups? Setup a new user group for example through the permissions then run the spawn command setspawn "Group" for example? Thanks again for the information.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!