Upcoming: Hostile npcs

• regarding to the donation/patron-idea. I have an idea for the patron-option: Maybe patrons get the possibility to vote, what will be implement in one of next updates. So you can give the some different options (e.g.: a)clothes for players, b) more enemys, c)crope and windmill) and the patrons can vote for it.

This is basically a good idea! However, sometimes it's quite tricky to implement votes, since we're sometimes stuck at working on a certain feature. Nevertheless, I guess we will get a clearer overall picture of the situation in a few weeks ;)

Alright, so you said player inventory. If I want to dedicate a storage container to contain these modded items I do hope I'm able to do that as well

Yes, adding custom containers (e.g. something like backpacks) will be possible :) Although it requires some additional coding. I can give more information about that once the update goes live

I at the very least hope for multiplayer side that it all syncs with players joining so there's no client miss-matching, and such.

Oh, there is no need to worry about that ^^ Since plugins are always running on the server, the client does not have to install anything on his end. All required files (models, textures etc) will be downloaded automatically when the client joins the server

• Okay so I'm working on a bunch of .nif files for this next update (grenades, assault rifles & more ;) ) and I am wondering what code am I going to have to switch these over to to work in Rising World? Can I add a weapons bench for scopes & other custom attachments? Basically what the aim would be for is for you to be able to fully customize both the current weapons in the game and the weapons pack that I am working on. I've extracted the weapons from Rising World and converted them over to .nif files so I could work on the meshes a bit easier. Grenades were the easy part the customizing of the weapons is a bit more tricky, I need a seperate workbench for these. Can you please provide the API for one of your benches so it could be customized? Thank you :saint:

(What do you guys think of me using Mithril as uranium for plasma grenades?) :evil::whistling:

• Yes, adding custom containers (e.g. something like backpacks) will be possible Although it requires some additional coding. I can give more information about that once the update goes live

Not what I meant, but this quote did give me an answer on the side. Bad wording on my side maybe, sorry. I meant would we be able to store "Modded" items in normal storage containers. Having backpacks though, that's going to be a fun experience heh. I would expect people to exploit this that I wonder if they shall. Will we get plugins for back-packs, and pouches? Curious about that one.

Oh, there is no need to worry about that Since plugins are always running on the server, the client does not have to install anything on his end. All required files (models, textures etc) will be downloaded automatically when the client joins the server

Awesome. Probably makes sense with what we have right now that I just wanted to be sure. Thanks :thumbsup:

And now we wait for the update to release. Do hope Steam won't give you too much trouble that we could enjoy it soon enough.

• Okay so I'm working on a bunch of .nif files for this next update

Unfortunately .nif files are not supported by RW... this is a specific file format used by the "Gamebryo" Engine (the engine that's used by Fallout). Currently Rising World only has support for .obj files, .j3o files and limited support for .fbx and .blend

I am wondering what code am I going to have to switch these over to to work in Rising World? Can I add a weapons bench for scopes & other custom attachments?

Basically that's possible, but there is currently no convenient way to add new furnitures or fixtures (e.g. crafting stations). You could still load a custom 3d model for a new crafting station and define it's behaviour manually, but that's a lot of work.

However, the next update will have a convenient way to add new recipes and new crafting categories (but again, there is unfortunately still no way to add new objects, like crafting stations or other fixtures)

Basically what the aim would be for is for you to be able to fully customize both the current weapons in the game and the weapons pack that I am working on

Replacing current weapons is a little bit tricky. There is no way to do that through the API atm, so the only way to achieve this is to replace the original game files.

Can you please provide the API for one of your benches so it could be customized?

I will release the updated API and documentation as well as an example plugin once the next update is ready :)

I meant would we be able to store "Modded" items in normal storage containers

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding ^^ But yes, modded items will be stored in normal storage containers and in player inventories. Basically the modded items will be treated like regular items. But in case the server owner removes the plugin from his server, an unusable "unknown" item will remain in the containers.

Will we get plugins for back-packs, and pouches? Curious about that one.

A backpack mod sounds interesting, I'll try to prepare an example backpack plugin :thumbup:

• Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding But yes, modded items will be stored in normal storage containers and in player inventories. Basically the modded items will be treated like regular items. But in case the server owner removes the plugin from his server, an unusable "unknown" item will remain in the containers.

No worries. I gained more answers out of this that it has helped. Thanks! Was a happy accident, if you want to look at it that way. This shall change the game nicely in a nice sort of way.

A backpack mod sounds interesting, I'll try to prepare an example backpack plugin

Sounds good. Can't wait to see what happens. :thumbsup:

-----------------

Also, thanks to Steam's greediness Epic Games Store may rival that of Steam that I'm curious if you're going to add Rising World onto that store. With the right games I may also check them out because it's going to release Journey onto it. Maybe you're already aware of this because you're a developer.

I wonder how Rising World would be recieved in EGS? When we gain Hostile NPCs, trains, and such it may end up being well recieved. Unless it only accepts finished games. People also pointed out 10cent may ruin things the way Valve does that this is just a bait view that you may stay with Steam, or jump ship to Discord.... Who knows. Just sharing what I'm seeing.

• I won't say that what epic is doing is neither bad nor good.
    Valve is the only ones of those stores (together with GOG and Humble Bundle) that has pushed Linux gaming
    and really helped the Linux platform to mature and epic has already showed there disinterested in the platform.
    so yeah this could hurt Linux(as a desktop) badly :/

• Since the game is in beta you could setup a paypal button on the title screen? This way if anyone wants to donate to help the game develop they could click the button and be taken directly to a verified website vs. the alternative. <3

• Also, thanks to Steam's greediness Epic Games Store may rival that of Steam that I'm curious if you're going to add Rising World onto that store

We're definitely taking the Epic Store into consideration, but we will wait a few more weeks to see what's going to happen with Steam (and before releasing the game on other platforms, we will at least wait until the update is ready) ^^

i have a idea add a donations button on your website so people can spend money for the game

Maybe we will add a donation button or Patreon, but I'm still not sure about it ;)

Since the game is in beta you could setup a paypal button on the title screen?

Unfortuantely this might be difficult, since Valve doesn't allow donations inside the game. It's mainly about putting links to other stores into the game (which is understandable), but I know about some games which were rejected in the past for having a link to Patreon or any other sort of donations in the game :huh:

• generally it is always good to backup your maps. but this update shouldn´t break any worlds.

hostiles will spawn in unchanged chunks. it means they spawn even if you have discovered it already. but you must not have changed anything on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!