firewall config

• Hi to all,

Long story short: I need firewall configuration (what IPs and ports need to be open) to let the standalone (no steam) client pass through it. Right now I have just opened 5.196.33.35 ports 80 and 443 and client seems to run and it seems able to connect to online account, but I am pretty confident that something is wrong, is client autoupdating still working?

Long story long: I always thought that any kind of censorship was wrong, and I am pretty still persuaded it is right to have no censorship at all. But, unfortunately I had to discover in the hard way that my 11 years old son, with whom I was used to play Rising World in our private, dedicated (LAN) server, is pretty defenseless in an full online world. So I had to put up e2guardian. After I had configured the proxy in the PC settings, pretty all is working fine, even Windows 10 updates, and browsers. Unfortunately Rising World client stopped working. ;( So I figured out that the client isn't using OS proxy settings. :huh: I have tried to configure a proxy in the client but I wasn't able to figure out how to do it. :/ So I have just done a DNS query (dig) on rising-world.net and I have got 5.196.33.35. When I let pass 80 and 443 ports on this IP, the client was able again to log in the account, 8) but I have some doubts:

• If the IP is served by a Content Delivery Network is pretty unstable to put it will never change, so to fix it I have to change it everytime it is changing. ;( (Not efficient at all)
    • Are other servers, other IPs, involved in client autoupdate? ?( In such a case I should open also these ports/IP to make it all working round and smooth.

Thanks in advance to anyone, see you,

EDIT: Typos.

• I guess you're using the standalone version of the game (from our homepage)? Our IP isn't served by a CDN so it will not change in the medium run (unless we move to a different hoster, but that's pretty unlikely) ^^

The autoupdate also uses the same IP, there are no other IPs involved in this process. Does autoupdate work in your case? In order to find out if it really works, you could delete a random file in the data folder (e.g. the "commons.jar") and run the game. If the client is able to download the missing file, everything should be fine :)

• I guess you're using the standalone version of the game (from our homepage)? Our IP isn't served by a CDN so it will not change in the medium run (unless we move to a different hoster, but that's pretty unlikely) ^^

The autoupdate also uses the same IP, there are no other IPs involved in this process. Does autoupdate work in your case? In order to find out if it really works, you could delete a random file in the data folder (e.g. the "commons.jar") and run the game. If the client is able to download the missing file, everything should be fine :)

Thanks for the prompt reply :) . Yes we use both the standalone version of the game (from your homepage). (I bought the 2 games directly from your online store because I see no reason that you have to pay a market cut to Steam and I like much more that all the money go to you the Devs. ;) )

Ok it seems that all works round and smooth. I have just done the test you suggested and the client was able to download again the commons.jar! Great! :thumbup:

Again thank you. See you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!