Changelog 2015-01-18: New animals, new objects, less problems

• Hi folks,

Another update is available! :) It introduces two new animals, a fox and a sheep, as well as new objects (new tables, lanterns etc.).

Apart from that, the game now has an own JVM for MacOS and Linux, so no more separate Java is required on these OS (Steamversion only). Furthermore, the game should now run without any problems on SteamOS (obviously Steamversion only^^).

We also did some smaller changes (for example we implemented a detection when two graphics cards are installed, but only the less powerful is used) and some bugfixes.

Stay tuned for the next update, which will introduce food/hunger :)

• [New] New animals: sheep, fox
    • [New] New furniture: 3 new tables, bench, old bed, radiator, 2 curtains, (including different variations)
    • [New] New lamps: lanterns (4 different types)
    • [New] Warning when two graphics cards are available but only the weaker one is used (Windows only)
    • [New] Own JVM for Mac and Linux (Steam only)
    • [New] Full SteamOS support (Steam only)
    • [New] Timeout message when connection to Steam is not possible or blocked (Steam only)
    • [New] New admin servercommand: "getplayerinfo" to get different information from a player (e.g. ip)
    • [Change] Crafting preview can now also be dragged and rotated with your mouse without fullscreen preview
    • [Change] Graphics detection warning can now be bypassed by setting the flag "game_bypass_graphicsdetection" in the config to true
    • [Change] Changed servernames in serverbrowser, should not be longer than the entry itself anymore
    • [Change] Changed size of bed and toilet model
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong animal spawn on startup
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a bug causing a time reset when loading a world
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong characters in servername causing the server to appear without any information in the serverbrowser
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong sitting/laying position when using beds/chairs/tents etc.
    • [Bugfix] Fixed placement of objects on tables
    • [Bugfix] Fixed placement of wall mounted objects

• [Change] Disabled graphics card detection for MacOS
    • [Bugfix] Fixed startproblems under Windows 8
  • the nightly "tada" throws a can't authenticate steam error.the game tells me I should assign my other graphics adapter(use the amd Radeon versus the Intel one)....but the game won't open when I do.so I'm leaving it the way it was.nice additions red!

• Do you have to get to new chunks before the new animals will spawn? I wasn't able to find anyone in the preloaded ones, and sapling won't drop in them, too :P As soon as I moved to new chunks, I saw sheep and trees dropped saplings.

Get your own Rising World server today!

• is the picture problem (upload pictures bug) fixed? Seems not since its not on the List :(

What bug?
    __
    red, you night worker xD Also, it was clear, that once I am almost done with my steam guide, you bring out an update ^^
    There are now lanterns? Awesome, just what I needed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Also, you just implemented benches, right when I needed them for my tavern!
    Nice jalousie and radiator as well, although not that fitting for my medieval tavern ^^
    Good job on that auto converting map tool as well!

10/10 would update again
    Guess I am buying the game for my friend as well, if he wants it or not ^^

• Also, I like that you can now close the console by simply clicking anywhere, however, now you can't edit the console commands with the mouse. So maybe just exclude that enter line from this feature?

• is the picture problem (upload pictures bug) fixed? Seems not since its not on the List :(

Sorry, unfortunately this problem is not fixed yet :/

the nightly "tada" throws a can't authenticate steam error.the game tells me I should assign my other graphics adapter(use the amd Radeon versus the Intel one)....but the game won't open when I do.so I'm leaving it the way it was.nice additions red!

Yeah the nightly should not work anymore. About the graphics card: What Radeon is it exactly? Maybe a driver update helps? In most cases the secondary graphics card should be more powerful than the integrated one :)

Do you have to get to new chunks before the new animals will spawn? I wasn't able to find anyone in the preloaded ones, and sapling won't drop in them, too :P As soon as I moved to new chunks, I saw sheep and trees dropped saplings.

Yes, to find the new animals, you need to explore new locations (since animals only spawn one time per chunk and stay forever). Alternatively you can edit your world and clear the "Worldchunks" and "Npc" tables, that causes a fresh spawn of all animals (but then animals would also spawn inside your buildings) ;)
    But saplings should not be influenced by that, it's absolutely random when trees drop saplings^^

red, you night worker xD Also, it was clear, that once I am almost done with my steam guide, you bring out an update ^^

Oops :D But at least there should not be too many changes in the update which would make your guide useless I guess? ^^

Noob question: What does this do?

The DBID is probably useless for most players, it's the database id of the player (in other words: the ID of the player entry in the players table) :)
    More useful should be the ip command to get the players ip.

Also, I like that you can now close the console by simply clicking anywhere, however, now you can't edit the console commands with the mouse. So maybe just exclude that enter line from this feature?

Hmm we did not change anything (at least as far as I remember...) related to that 8| But yeah, an exclude for that would make sense ;)

• Oops But at least there should not be too many changes in the update which would make your guide useless I guess?

Yep, already updated my guide, but lazy me has still to work on some tuning for the guide.

Hmm we did not change anything (at least as far as I remember...) related to that But yeah, an exclude for that would make sense

Oops, didn't really notice that before ^^

• Great new content! Good job!
    A fox? They're so cute- but I also think they might be mischievous little critters in the future!

• @red51 You my hero, now I can play under Linux RW in Fullscreen, no Issues .. Yeahhhh ;D This Update is so awsome ;D

Great, glad to hear that at least some fullscreen issues are fixed :)

PLEASE fix fullscreen on OSX! :(

We are still working on it ;)

@red51 the amd Radeon hd 7600m series(game won't open if enabled and Intel hd graphics 4000 disabled)....drivers for both updated......I had no idea there were two.....or why for that matter :/

Strange problem. Is there any output (or errorlog/hs_err_pid) when the game uses the Radeon 7600m?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!