PC restart

• Hello everyone, I have a problem with RW, I restart the PC, sometimes in the game load and sometimes playing.
    It does not give me any error where to discover the problem, all the drivers are updated. All this started with the last update, if you have any idea of the problem I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

• The computer, I have also noticed that the sound distorts and freezes the image for a few seconds, but the strange thing is when I launch the game and the computer restarts, this only happens with RW.

• If the computer crashes, it's usually not a software issue, in most cases it's either caused by a hardware issue, a driver issue or a temperature issue. You should check out the GPU and CPU temperature while playing, if it's getting too high, this might be the reason for the crash. High temperatures indicate that there might be a cooling issue (e.g. cooler clogged with dust).

• I do not think so because I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey for hours and the fan is on and nothing happens to me. If it were for warm-up it would be logical but it would restart when I throw it and on the presentation screen just turned on the computer would fall that is not logical

• It's difficult to compare RW with other games, since RW is much more demanding for your hardware due to the procedurally generated world =/ But if the temperatures are fine, it might also be a hardware issue (PSU, memory or something like that) or a driver issue (although driver issues usually result in a BSOD).

• The monitorizalo can be done once this the game is running, but when it restarts when it is on the screen of presentation does not hail me at all
    I get the feeling that the Java writes in memory an invalid address and windows is protected. I'm trying to prove if I can find the problem.
    Thank you

• You can check out the temperature once the computer has rebooted. If the crash was caused by a high temperature, it would still be high after a restart.

I get the feeling that the Java writes in memory an invalid address and windows is protected

Well, that would mean that there is a bug in Java, but this is very unlikely, especially since it's widely used and there would be a lot more people suffering from such a blatant bug... and the game itself cannot access memory which was not allocated by the JVM :|

• I had the feeling that RW was using up all of my RAM. I'm not sure if that could lead to a reboot but maybe extending the virtual RAM can help or at least buy you some ingame time.
    Please keep us updated. I'm not really into computers that much but I'm quite curious.

• I had the feeling that RW was using up all of my RAM. I'm not sure if that could lead to a reboot

Unfortunately Rising World / Java cannot allocate more RAM during runtime, so there is always a fixed amount of memory that gets allocated when starting the game (depending on how much RAM there is available). For example, if you have 8 GB of RAM, the game will try to allocate up to 6 GB. But it's possible to override this setting by setting up a launch parameter in Steam.
    However, even if the game would use more RAM (e.g. trying to allocate 16 GB while your system has only 4 GB), this shouldn't lead to a system crash (the RAM that's already in use by Windows or any other programs cannot be allocated by Java anyway) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!